TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Upgraded at SC but not to latest Firmware?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Mar 3, 2016.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yesterday I had my car in for annual service. The car is a P85D that was delivered in early January of 2015. While the car is at the shop I get the app notice about the firmware being upgraded. But when I pick up the car I notice that the firmware version is 2.11.115 and not the latest which is 2.12.126 that enables Summon in Canada. Why would I be upgraded at the shop to this version rather than to the latest version?

On my service Invoice it says:- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 7.1 (2.11.115).

2. Footbag

Footbag Member

Does your car have dual chargers? If so, that is most likely why you didn't get .126. It has a charging bug that affects many (not all) cars with dual chargers, causing charging times to double as it charges at half the rate it should (if over 40 amps - ie, if the dual charger comes into play).

3. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Ah, that explains why my car updated to an older release. Thanks.

4. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yes, I do have dual chargers.