Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded at SC but not to latest Firmware?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
Yesterday I had my car in for annual service. The car is a P85D that was delivered in early January of 2015. While the car is at the shop I get the app notice about the firmware being upgraded. But when I pick up the car I notice that the firmware version is 2.11.115 and not the latest which is 2.12.126 that enables Summon in Canada. Why would I be upgraded at the shop to this version rather than to the latest version?

On my service Invoice it says:- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 7.1 (2.11.115).

Yesterday I had my car in for annual service. The car is a P85D that was delivered in early January of 2015. While the car is at the shop I get the app notice about the firmware being upgraded. But when I pick up the car I notice that the firmware version is 2.11.115 and not the latest which is 2.12.126 that enables Summon in Canada. Why would I be upgraded at the shop to this version rather than to the latest version?

On my service Invoice it says:- Checked firmware version: Updated to latest version 7.1 (2.11.115).

Does your car have dual chargers? If so, that is most likely why you didn't get .126. It has a charging bug that affects many (not all) cars with dual chargers, causing charging times to double as it charges at half the rate it should (if over 40 amps - ie, if the dual charger comes into play).