Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded boot LED light - tight to fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpg
Hi everyone. I bought a pair of upgraded LED lights to improve the lighting in the boot / trunk area.
I’m finding it quite difficult to slide the car’s cable into the light connector. It’s as if the light’s socket is too small.
I don’t want to force it in case it breaks. Has anyone else had the same problem and if there’s a solution please?
Thanks

View attachment 621721
Hi everyone. I bought a pair of upgraded LED lights to improve the lighting in the boot / trunk area.
I’m finding it quite difficult to slide the car’s cable into the light connector. It’s as if the light’s socket is too small.
I don’t want to force it in case it breaks. Has anyone else had the same problem and if there’s a solution please?
Thanks

Make sure the pins haven't been bent and preventing it going in. It's a long tome since I did mine so I can't exactly remember particular issues with it.
A separate issue that some of us had was when fitting the lights back in place. Sometimes the plastic surround clip just won't click back into place to hold it firmly into the trim panel. If that happens I found that it's quite safe to use some snips/cutters to cut the rectangular clip on one of the long edges. It will now clip on easily and will still do its job of retaining the light in position... you'll know what I mean when you come to refit them.

Make sure the pins haven't been bent and preventing it going in. It's a long tome since I did mine so I can't exactly remember particular issues with it.
A separate issue that some of us had was when fitting the lights back in place. Sometimes the plastic surround clip just won't click back into place to hold it firmly into the trim panel. If that happens I found that it's quite safe to use some snips/cutters to cut the rectangular clip on one of the long edges. It will now clip on easily and will still do its job of retaining the light in position... you'll know what I mean when you come to refit them.

thanks so much, I will try that. I replaced mine and didn't use the clips and the lights still stayed in place.

thanks so much, I will try that. I replaced mine and didn't use the clips and the lights still stayed in place.

Yes, they kind of stay loosely in place even without the rear clips but they're much more secure with clips and you then don't have the worry of potential embarrassment when a light drops into the boot when next showing off your car!