TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Upgraded Center Console Screen?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Konassc, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Konassc

Konassc New Member

Just picked up a new S90D (VIN 156xxx, which finished production in very early Sept) trading in a Q3 2013 vintage S85. I have been impressed with the hundreds of improvements to the car in these past 3 years (an AMAZING amount of progress in such a short period) but one I had not expected is the 17" center console screen appearing to be higher resolution (and perhaps more responsive).

Have seen posts about the instrument cluster display receiving a resolution upgrade in 2014 but nothing mentioning the center console receiving a similar upgrade.

Wondering if my eyes are playing tricks on me (seems unlikely as others in my family have commented on the better screen as well), did I just miss a previous discussion on this improvement (most likely?) or is it perhaps a recent change in which case could it also signal a higher powered MCU driving the better screen....

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Im in the same boat, updated from a Signature P85 to a new 90D. I think the rear cam is spectacular compared to the old one.

And, I have not seen any lag in the overall display whatsoever.

3. TampaRich

TampaRich Member

Could it be 8.0 software? Seems to me like the thinner fonts are sharper even on my 2015 screen.

4. Konassc

Konassc New Member

The rear camera resolution is certainly a BIG step up, but seemed to me that the display overall is also crisper - maybe just wishful thinking.

I did have 8.0 for a few days on my 2013 so not sure that it is just the new software.

5. NovemberXray

NovemberXray Member

Must be nice having v8, maybe it will eventually start rolling out to us Model X owners. :)