Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded interior / door lights + links/pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 MS LR
Just starting to do some minor mods

12 total white LEDs
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087BDD7ZP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
1 Frunk
2 Trunk
1 Glove box
2 driver/passenger footwell
2 rear seat footwell
4 puddle/ door lights

4 total red LEDS
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TXTDQVP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
4x side of door red lights (this product came with a tiny flathead which was very useful, and came with 3inch extenders wire which i didnt need... buy maybe some models do.

Plenty of tutorials online, just take your time and dont rush when popping LED lights in and out. The underseat ones are a PITA. But the whole assembly pops off the rail which helps a bit. I had to lay down sideways in the car to get both hands under. And a small flathead screwdriver can help pry the wire inserts off.

Puddle Stock
File_000.jpeg
Puddle aftermarket
File_000.jpeg

**all of the following pictures ALREADY have the white puddle lights installed**
Door stuff
Both stocks REDS
File_006.jpeg

Both with aftermarket installed REDS
File_016.jpeg

Comparison Far / left light is the upgraded/ closer/right light is the stock REDS
File_004.jpeg
--------
Rear Seat lights / the bright side is the aftermarket bulb
File_015.jpeg
-------

If I did it over again I would just install 4 x reds for the footwell lighting INSTEAD of white. The white makes all the debris/dust just POP. (I will likely apply some red film/tint to the footwells rather then returning / reinstalling)

However the aftermarket LEDs are WAYYYYY brighter for the and I would consider it almost a necessary upgrade to the frunk/trunk/puddle lights. 100% recommend.

I have no association with the recommended LEDs, they were just popular on amazon.

If your in the MD area I'd be glad to help you out.

Buy a roll of non-waterproof LED strips for about $12-16 on Amazon and replace the single LED with triples from the strip and do everything. All you need is a little solder, iron and 5 minutes each.
assuming this is for the door/ambient strip...?

I havent seen any Youtube videos on how to take those off... how does one go about modding those ?