Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded Interior lighting M3... Thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please DO NOT post vertical videos on YouTube!

The lights look really good though and I like it!

I watched those videos earlier and thought the color was more purple-ish. Watching it again I noticed the on/off color on the screen which typically is vibrant blue also looked purple-ish and looked like a perfect match to the screen button color. This leads me to believe that there is some color distortion on the video where colors are not reproduced accurately. The good thing is that the light color matched the screen buttons and those I know are the correct blue hue to look nice in the car. Now comes the decision of spending this much on a skinny little light lol

Do you also have prince purple rain playing on a loop? Lol.
WavyCoordinatedBullmastiff-size_restricted.gif

09658662-DDF7-4E9E-B622-D87AB9467936.jpeg
I replaced the footwell lighting, placed 2 usb lights in the back seat and ran usb led lighting under the center console lid that covers your phone charger. This will light up the entire console and controlled by an in-line controller or remote control. I can’t control it from the center screen, but I didn’t have to disassemble anything or do any wiring. Just plug in to USB ports.

This is amazing, I tried an elwire and it stunk. Great job!

Your option looks much cooler but also much more difficult to install. I ended up going for led, 9 distinct strips/pucks so I can control them separately. It's a lot of fun setting up color schemes, I have one called "clown shoes" that is basically a seizure machine.
YfiJfb4.jpg

This is amazing, I tried an elwire and it stunk. Great job!

Your option looks much cooler but also much more difficult to install. I ended up going for led, 9 distinct strips/pucks so I can control them separately. It's a lot of fun setting up color schemes, I have one called "clown shoes" that is basically a seizure machine.
YfiJfb4.jpg
Did you wire these into 12V somehow? It looks clean

Finally got to install the laser wire I purchased from the OP. And oh man, this truly puts the interior on a whole other level. Looks amazing. This was a very easy mod to do. I ended up tapping the wiring harness that comes from the door, which is plugged in by the driver's side kick panel. Here are some pics of my setup. Absolutely loving how this looks at night.

-- Cintoman
20191109_115259.jpg
20191109_115323-noted.jpg
20191109_115333.jpg
20191109_115358.jpg
20191109_224143.jpg
20191109_224231.jpg

Reactions: silentcorp
Finally got to install the laser wire I purchased from the OP. And oh man, this truly puts the interior on a whole other level. Looks amazing. This was a very easy mod to do. I ended up tapping the wiring harness that comes from the door, which is plugged in by the driver's side kick panel. Here are some pics of my setup. Absolutely loving how this looks at night.

-- CintomanView attachment 475806 View attachment 475807 View attachment 475808 View attachment 475809 View attachment 475810 View attachment 475811
It looks Awesome congrats