Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded iPhone and traded in the phone and forgot to take key card with me

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks to you guys, I got my new Watch strap that opens the car door and lets me drive. Now, I've got redundancy if I lose my phone key. Yay. And I didn't have to embed the RFID chip in my arm like that crazy lady.
by default 2023-01-05 at 4.07.31 PM.jpg

by default 2023-01-05 at 4.07.54 PM.jpg

Reactions: father_of_6
Seems pricey but a neat idea. I might be concerned with accidentally scratching the car up.
Good point, but the RFID chip and antenna are in the watch band, and that's leather, so nothing sharp or metallic to scratch the B-pillar. Quite smart, it's double-layered leather, where they insert the chip and antenna between the layers and stitch it up. Makes the watchband a little stiff when new, but I think as the leather gets worn, it will mold to my wrist. Works well. Not really understanding why they described it as Silica gel. Seems like stiff leather.
tempImagemxEArq.png

$120 is not cheap, compared to a $20 keycard, but those RFID rings are also between $100 and $150, so it seems to be the going rate. As I'm always wearing my watch and carrying my phone, I'm actually very happy to have gotten this to replace carrying a Tesla keycard.

Good point, but the RFID chip and antenna are in the watch band, and that's leather, so nothing sharp or metallic to scratch the B-pillar. Quite smart, it's double-layered leather, where they insert the chip and antenna between the layers and stitch it up. Makes the watchband a little stiff when new, but I think as the leather gets worn, it will mold to my wrist. Works well. Not really understanding why they described it as Silica gel. Seems like stiff leather.
View attachment 892746

$120 is not cheap, compared to a $20 keycard, but those RFID rings are also between $100 and $150, so it seems to be the going rate. As I'm always wearing my watch and carrying my phone, I'm actually very happy to have gotten this to replace carrying a Tesla keycard.
Will it also start the car? Do you need to brush it over the console or will just your presence in the car allow you to drive?