Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded MCU1 to MCU2 - Are you experiencing New Problems?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After MCU1-to-MCU2 ugrade 2015 S70D:
Rear camera isn't just dark it's totally black at night - useless (fine during the day). With MCU1 I could see perhaps 10 feet behind the car. Where's the best link to follow to track this?
Music does not resume when I reenter car. I have to bring up media, select USB (it always switches to TuneIn, which I never use, no idea why), and select a song. It used to pick up right where it left off when I exited the car.
Regenerative braking got switched to low, I switched it back to standard.
Previous nav destinations were retained, but it forgot wifi password and HomeLink needed to be retrained.
Also my radar detector is freaking out but I don't see how that could be related.
Browser hasn't locked up yet though, so that's good.

• Informative
Reactions: f-stop and bhzmark
I upgraded my P100D MX to MCU2 with HW2.0 on 4/12/20. Had issues from day 1:
  • Autopilot: Has never worked , neither has my enhanced autopilot
  • Sensory mode errors appear every day
  • Cellular coverage can be poor
would have expected dome QA before handing car back to me. Still waiting for a response and fix - not great. Regret the upgrade given i used to use autopilot a lot!!
Anyone else had the same/similar issues?

I upgraded my P100D MX to MCU2 with HW2.0 on 4/12/20. Had issues from day 1:
  • Autopilot: Has never worked , neither has my enhanced autopilot
  • Sensory mode errors appear every day
  • Cellular coverage can be poor
would have expected dome QA before handing car back to me. Still waiting for a response and fix - not great. Regret the upgrade given i used to use autopilot a lot!!
Anyone else had the same/similar issues?
Sensory mode? Sentry mode?
You paid for EAP & it no longer works?

Had the front camera changed and after recalibration of the cameras, EAP is working again - great!
Need to get used to the new radio station setup. Not sure why some radio channels that i cannot access are listed - says these are not available in my "region".

mine worked great except, handles auto presenting stopped working(service center is trying to fix for 3 weeks now) and under sound setup menu it is now “immersed sound “ that u can turn on and off... i remember there used to be an option like “dolby sound”... not sure though!!??

Ahh cool, Rich would you be able to do me a favour please, I'm being told that they can only do it on AP2 cars by Tesla Services and have had no end of issues with the MCU1 failing. Happy to pay for MCu2 upgrade to just get it fixed once and for all.

Could you give me a bit more detail on your vehicle and what you had done for the MCU2 upgrade so I can send it to them as they were not 100% sure.

Much appreciated in advance

Ahh cool, Rich would you be able to do me a favour please, I'm being told that they can only do it on AP2 cars by Tesla Services and have had no end of issues with the MCU1 failing. Happy to pay for MCu2 upgrade to just get it fixed once and for all.

Could you give me a bit more detail on your vehicle and what you had done for the MCU2 upgrade so I can send it to them as they were not 100% sure.

Much appreciated in advance
Most of what you need is in my signature - 2014 60kWh battery, AP1. If I can find the invoice, I’ll PM a scan to you if you’re able to see attachments - otherwise send me your email address and I’ll do the same (I’m an ex-pat, so not a gun toting maniac)

Cheers!

MCU2 upgrade has been great (except for no AM radio, the stations I listen to aren't available on TuneIn, and neither iHeartRadio nor Radio.com are supported, so I use the ProClipUSA air vent mount when I want to listen to those stations). My MCU2 has crashed a small handful of times while driving, resulting in pitch black interior on both screens for a few minutes. Turn signals continued to work, although the "clicking" noise was off.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Cheers for the reply and help :)

They said that I do not have the Tech package on my S85 AP1 which is needed to get the MCU2 upgrade? But looking at older posts regarding the Tech package mine must have it.

I have:

Tech Package with Autopilot

Power Lift Gate, Auto Park, Traffic Aware Cruise Control, Auto Lane Change, lighted door handles, Nav system with traffic, Autopilot, LED fog and cornering lights with automatic high beams, Power folding heated side mirrors with memory, GPS enabled Homelink, Electrochromatic mirrors, Automatic keyless entry and Lane keeping with automatic steering.

somewhere on the forum someone posted instructions and checklist to give the techs to make sure that they identify and fix any problems with the MCU2. They listed all the things that the techs should check after an install to make sure that they did it right before giving back to customer.

I can't find that. Does anyone have that handy to post or link to?