Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded my Frunk lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there.
I was following your steps to have this LED strip enabled on my Frunk (Model 3 LR 2022), but I am having some problems with it, because when I connect the strip, the button inside the frunk with enables the frunk mechanism does not work. I connected red with gray and black with orange.
Any ideas? Thank you!

Hello there.
I was following your steps to have this LED strip enabled on my Frunk (Model 3 LR 2022), but I am having some problems with it, because when I connect the strip, the button inside the frunk with enables the frunk mechanism does not work. I connected red with gray and black with orange.
Any ideas? Thank you!
JotaJ,

I have the same problem. Connect the black wire to ground of your car. I connected mine to the bolt that hold the frunk mechanism.

Do you have power frunk?

I installed over 50 cars lately, those cars with the frunk button not working have installed power frunk.

I see you have a model Y and installed their power frunk. Most likely not working, I did talk to Warren from TeslaOffer about it, maybe a relay could fix it. You might check out with him.

Hi @asian_xl

I installed a Hannshow v5 power frunk for my model 3. I now want to do this led mod but what is the issue?

Will the light not work or will it disable my frunk button that serves to close the hood? I want to keep my frunk button working and get some light in there

Thanks

Only to the frunk light wires...just stay away from the purple wire on the 3 pin connector. The middle wire is negative and wire on the other end is positive.

LED isn't polarity sensitive, either it lights up or don't. If both neg and pos touch each other, e-fuse will be trigger but will automatically go away after half an hour.

Reactions: EVer