Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded my order from LR to Performance and next day I was assigned a VIN. Should I be concerned?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to my advisor to see if I can upgrade my order to the Performance model (from Long Range) after receiving the 5-8 weeks text from Tesla. After a whole day of back and forth, was able to update my order. I was expecting delivery would be around September since I placed the order in late July.

Today I just received a text from my advisor that a VIN was assigned (xxx028194). Advisor said this model was made on July 19th, at 2:26PM (how does he know the time lol). Should I be concerned that this might be a rejected delivery, or am I being too paranoid? I figured since it was a Performance model, that they might have just had one available sooner than the Long Range?

Ordered red exterior, white interior, performance model w/ autopilot. No FSD, no tow hitch.

I think you are over-worrying. Some internet descriptions:

Paranoia is thinking and feeling like you are being threatened in some way, even if there is no evidence, or very little evidence, that you are. Paranoid thoughts can also be described as delusions. There are lots of different kinds of threats you might be scared and worried about.

• Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Mooroo and iancluna