TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Upgraded performance Metrics Summary

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Krash, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

#1 Krash, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Files attached below

This thread, and particularly this continually updated post, is set up as a performance metrics summary for the following threads:
    1. 75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?
    2. BTX8 battery-code on a 75D... or is it a 85D
    3. Performance increase for 100D. 0-100 in 3,3 sek
    We prefer that you send runlogs via private conversation and leave the longitude and latitude data in so that we can calculate distance. We will remove that location data before posting.

We prefer runlogs in the following formats, in order of ease of use:
    1. CSV via ZIP
    2. PDF, even poorly formatted ones
    3. PNG or other lossless images
    4. JPG or lossy images
    Please also include in your message the following:
    1. Owner, if not you
    2. Car type (S75D, S75, S100D, X...)
    3. VIN (like 202xxx)
    4. Manufacture Date (you'll have to ask Tesla)
    5. Purchase Date
    6. MCU Firmware revision for the run
    7. Uncorked?
    8. Drive Unit (DU00, DU01, old or unknown)
    9. Battery (BTX5, BTX7, BTX8 or other)
    10. SOC (state of charge if not logged)
    We realize that car generated runlogs have limitations. We'll try to work around them until we have better TM-Spy, Dynamometer, or other metrics.

We'll try to update it once a week.

Krash

upload_2017-9-12_18-43-2.png

Attached Files:

2. imboom

imboom Member

Long time lurker here with a May build date X75D. Since I've been following the other thread about uncorking, I'll do a run later today. Currently I'm running 2017.28 and haven't got the .32 yet. Probably gonna do a run prior and hit up the service center to see if one is available there and update.

3. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

I'll add MCU firmware revision to the requested data list.

4. SuisseDriver

SuisseDriver Member

It means that ALL S75D, even the pre-june 2017 have the 1s performance increase?

5. TJtv

TJtv Member

#5 TJtv, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    I'm not sure why you need a full runlog. The previously posted runlogs showed that uncorked cars had a max power of ~320kW whereas older cars had ~270kW max power. Rather than asking for a full runlog, it would be much simpler to ask people to simply look at power graphs in visible tesla(a free tool) and see if their max power is closer to 270kW or 320kW.

• Helpful x 1
  6. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

That would be an interesting summary matrix on the front page: average and standard deviation of max power and 0-60 by corked status, drive unit and battery.

If people want to post Visible Tesla data for one or both and are willing to add the nine points above I will track them, but I still think the runlogs are valuable. For one thing there are naysayers who disagree with the numbers, but the runlogs are much harder to dispute. Also if someone thinks their car is uncorked but they consistently get the corked numbers, that is a lot easier to demonstrate with a runlog. Or if someone can't get consistent times but they studder on launch or always near 60 mph, that is helpful information to know. In addition, most folks have an iOS or Android device with them when they drive. Few have a mobile windows or mac tablet.

7. pwwuk

pwwuk Member

Sorry I'm a newbie .. car delivered UK 29 June .. performance upgrade announced within 48hrs .. any chance we have now motors ? How can we tell ? Any change of uncork ?

8. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

Unlikely to have the new drive unit that early in the UK. You can verify in several ways, First, open "my tesla" in Chrome (not Edge or IE) and right click copy the link of the car picture. Then paste it into the Tesla Options Decoder here. You won't see DU00 or DU01, the new motor codes.

But you may eventually get free or paid uncorking on the old drive unit.

You are more likely to have the new battery though. Look for the code BTX8 rather than BTX5 in your options above.

You can get more detail in the two respective threads.

9. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

#9 Krash, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    Updated. See the file attached this first post in the thread for data and graphs.

upload_2017-8-29_10-35-54.png

• Like x 1
  10. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

How does one collect these stats with an Android phone?

11. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

Dashboard for Tesla on the Google Play store states that it has "Speed Clocking w/ Graphical Analysis & Data Export". I would be happy to play with the logs if you could get one to me.

12. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

Updated. See the file attached to the first post in the thread for data and graphs.

upload_2017-9-5_10-48-47.png

13. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

#13 Krash, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    Updated. See the file attached to the first post in the thread for individual vehicle runlogs and graphs.

upload_2017-9-12_18-39-38.png

14. toticdqs

toticdqs Member

@Krash in the W10 cell you are including in the time average the run of maggo321, mixing corked and uncorked

15. Krash

Krash Supporting Member

Good catch. I fixed this in the main file. Will update next runlog revision.