TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Upgraded S60 to 75 battery any 0-60 time difference?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by John G, Jul 14, 2017.

1. John G

John G Member

With the additional inrush current shouldn't the 0-60 time be faster? Or is it limited by the inverter? Car should run same time as a 75 yes? Maybe a software tweak. Just curious.

2. BerTX

BerTX Active Member

I doubt it. But I'd be surprised if many S60 owners ever measured their 0-60 time. If that were the important thing for us, we'd have bought something else.

3. John G

John G Member

Tesla is putting new hardware and software in the new models. They have faster 0-60 times for all cars. The question is, are there going to be changes to our cars as it relates to inverter software? I drive an S60 and am very happy with it. After upgrading the battery to 75 I just don't understand why the 0-60 times would not be affected.

4. gabeincal

gabeincal Enjoying Napa life the electric way

Because it is most likely limited by software, just like the battery capacity.

You technically had the performance of the 75 in the 60 and they didn't limit it. They could've to increase the value of the upgrade but chose not to. Now you unlocked the extra range but you already had the performance, so nothing more to unlock. I'm sure that there is some room for improvement in there, but ultimately, I'm sure it's not a full second or so. They probably are maneuvering a fine line between performance and long-term reliability of the pack.

• Like x 1
  5. John G

John G Member

Sounds reasonable and if that is the case, the new inverter rather than the software may be the reason for the speed differences. Thanks