Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded Software to 40.50.1 - Voice command not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just upgraded the software to 2019.40.50.1. Only issue so far is that the voice commands does not work. I press the microphone button, and I see the mic icon, but nothing I say gets recognized. Tried hard reboot three times and no luck. Everyone once in a while it will correctly display what I just asked (like call .....") but then it does not follow through.

Just upgraded the software to 2019.40.50.1. Only issue so far is that the voice commands does not work. I press the microphone button, and I see the mic icon, but nothing I say gets recognized. Tried hard reboot three times and no luck. Everyone once in a while it will correctly display what I just asked (like call .....") but then it does not follow through.
Same here. After downloading the update on my Model X, Viola voice command died.

My understanding of 'how it works' for the voice commands: Your cell phone isn't in any path involving voice-to-text. I, too, am observing the 40.50.1 regression on voice commands, and it works just as poorly whether my phone is BlueTooth paired to the car or not.

Reactions: frank-datank
I was so excited but this is horrible. Didn't Tesla test this first??? When I try to send a text it freezes the card 9 out of 10 times. When I get it to actually dictate a message, it says tap to send but it doesn't send it just erases and "listens" again. And the other voice commands work perfectly some times but don't work at all most of the time. I want to go back until they get this working because now the Navigate voice commands aren't working every time and they used to be perfect.

The voice recognition is still poor - often not picking up anything.

For voice-to-text, got stuck at "listening..." several times.

Not sure if this helped - but I was able to get it to work a little better by talking faster - and not having any long pauses between words.

Also need to have a list of common voice commands. Tried some obvious things - and what it thought I said didn't match the command it executed (such as asking for one thing - and then having it change the fan setting instead).

At least I feel better it isn’t just me. Not only are my voice commands not working but my car isn’t picking up stop signs or signals. I have been playing with it all day. Just took delivery this week and it’s is my first update and I figured I was doing something wrong. Hopefully it will work itself out shortly.

I upgraded yesterday and at the first voice commands only works for the map, then i restarted the car again same issue but when i started driving i tried again it works for a while then same commands that worked again stopped to work and each command was translated as map location not a function command.