Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded SR Partial Audio to Full Premium

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK... just read the TO site(more info than the HS) it's just wiring to hook up the speakers parallel : i think i prefer to use the system as discussed on original thread as speakers are connected to a separate amp. thanks I'm learning more as i go along and read more detail about the upgrade

the HS site shows $80 "activation with harness 6 speakers" wouldn't that need an AMP? or somehow its integrated into the OEM system? or is there a way to use the HS and just add a powered sub that can go under trunk cavity? thanks
You should add your own sub and amp with just the harness. Theoretically you could run it as they designed it, piggybacking off the OEM amp, but I would highly recommend against this. In my opinion it would be a great way to avoid having to cut up your OEM wiring harnesses.

• Informative
Reactions: wtalyff
I think the HS harness is easier to connect than the TO harness based on each company's video tutorial.

It's only a matter of time for TO offer a subwoofer as well.
The standard harness for Hansshow and Teslaoffer are identical. I just installed mine and the images of each harness look identical, same layout, same instructions and same wire colors

would there be a benefit to the Hanshow over the TeslaOffer way?

A little birdie told me that neither HS or TO created their own harness so it's made in China by someone else. TO decided to change their fittings and connections. HS decided to roll it out with revisions. Apparently the HS cable has reversed polarity?

I talked to Raymond at TO and they are working on a new cable with maybe crossovers built in? Hopefully an enclosed subwoofer as well? Only a matter of time.

• Informative
Reactions: cdswm3 and wtalyff
A little birdie told me that neither HS or TO created their own harness so it's made in China by someone else. TO decided to change their fittings and connections. HS decided to roll it out with revisions. Apparently the HS cable has reversed polarity?

I talked to Raymond at TO and they are working on a new cable with maybe crossovers built in? Hopefully an enclosed subwoofer as well? Only a matter of time.
Raymond told me the same

It seems to me that the HS way is superior, as it doesn't require feeding the cable to the driver side footwell, the cable gonna pass through passenger side B pillar anyway so why not tap into that blue connector there. The TO harness came from a supplier who provided the vast majority of harnesses on Taobao, where I ordered mine a month ago and am still waiting for its arrival next week. Will see how it sounds and then decide whether to move forward with an amp + sub install, possibly using the HS component.

Reactions: HitUpOlas
I keep checking for updates from both Tesla Offers and Hanshow. My M3 was delivered a little over a week ago. I bought a rear deck from a 2018 that has the harness and speakers to activate those. Verified my new car only has the 2 black and blue wires at that rear connector. I like the full package with the amp and woofer hanshow has but I want to see a video or post where it has been done. Anyone order that yet? Tesla offer and I messaged back and forth and they are working on one as well.

Reactions: cdswm3

Since I'm not a audio wiz, what would be the benefit of a harness with crossovers built in? Something so the speakers aren't running all in parallel?

Since I'm not a audio wiz, what would be the benefit of a harness with crossovers built in? Something so the speakers aren't running all in parallel?
Haven't researched these units, but since (I assume) they are passive X-overs (after the amp), they are most likely running in parallel.

Electronically, active crossovers (before the amps) are generally the better way to go. With passive, you are making the amp run the whole frequency range and then the passive x-over chops it up. Running active allows the amps to run more efficiently.

I've got a July 2020 build so I am assuming no rear speakers. There are two separate speaker grills, though. Shelf cover looks different than the ones I've seen online with one big cover. The vendors I've seen for rear speakers list them as up to 2019. Does anybody know if the speakers have changed? Do I still have to pull the entire cover our can I remove the grills from the outside? All the online tutorials assume an older car.

I've got a July 2020 build so I am assuming no rear speakers. There are two separate speaker grills, though. Shelf cover looks different than the ones I've seen online with one big cover. The vendors I've seen for rear speakers list them as up to 2019. Does anybody know if the speakers have changed? Do I still have to pull the entire cover our can I remove the grills from the outside? All the online tutorials assume an older car.
I’ve got an Aug 2020 build. Checked my harness and it only has the two wires for the 3rd tail light. I bought a rear deck from a 2018 was planning to swap with but due to some condition issues I’m just going to use the speakers and the wiring harness from it. The way the grills mount the entire deck has to come out. I would think to run the wires you would need it removed anyways.

I’ve got an Aug 2020 build. Checked my harness and it only has the two wires for the 3rd tail light. I bought a rear deck from a 2018 was planning to swap with but due to some condition issues I’m just going to use the speakers and the wiring harness from it. The way the grills mount the entire deck has to come out. I would think to run the wires you would need it removed anyways.

Thanks for the clarification. Do the 2018 speakers fit the 2020 location? Some of my search results on the part number seem to indicate that it is for 2017-2019.