Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgraded yacht floor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen some Teslas for sale that have a closed area with cup holder where the yacht floor is. Is that a tesla upgrade or afermatket item?

I personally don't see much use for the existing open yacht floor other than to put wallets and cell phone there. It's kind of ugly the way it's open.

I have seen some Teslas for sale that have a closed area with cup holder where the yacht floor is. Is that a tesla upgrade or afermatket item?

I personally don't see much use for the existing open yacht floor other than to put wallets and cell phone there. It's kind of ugly the way it's open.

Tesla offers it as a separate accessory: Tesla Premium Front Console - There are also 3rd party versions.

I have it, and don't see how I could do without it. the existing cup holders are useless, and I like keeping stuff in the covered area.

Tesla offers it as a separate accessory: Tesla Premium Front Console - There are also 3rd party versions.

I have it, and don't see how I could do without it. the existing cup holders are useless, and I like keeping stuff in the covered area.
What happens when you go with the tesla version and have an iPhone and micro USB phone you need since two different drivers have two different phones?

I assume that this should be ordered prior to delivery so when they prep it they install it?

Thanks

What happens when you go with the tesla version and have an iPhone and micro USB phone you need since two different drivers have two different phones?

I assume that this should be ordered prior to delivery so when they prep it they install it?

Thanks

pick a version...micro Usb or lightening adapter....that will be your permanent one u can stick your phone on....it is connected to one of the 2 USB ports....the other USB port is left open for u to plug in anything else u want (some people use that for USB flash drive for music?)....also there is the 12v "cigarette" adapter for extra if u need even more power.....they really should have included a picture of the area where the USB and 12v adapter is so people can see it online.

pick a version...micro Usb or lightening adapter....that will be your permanent one u can stick your phone on....it is connected to one of the 2 USB ports....the other USB port is left open for u to plug in anything else u want (some people use that for USB flash drive for music?)....also there is the 12v "cigarette" adapter for extra if u need even more power.....they really should have included a picture of the area where the USB and 12v adapter is so people can see it online.
Ok will try that. Also see on amazon you can get adapters from lightening to micro usb. I'd think this would also work to hold the phone?

I have the optional Tesla premium front console with a Lightning connector/dock. I ordered it prior to delivery and it was installed by the Service Center.

FYI I posted some photos I took of my car's interior over in this other thread - in the 10th pic from the top you can see the above-mentioned area of the console with the phone charging dock, USB ports (1 used by the console dock connector), and 12V outlet. In my case, the 2nd USB outlet is occupied by a USB flash drive containing my music. If I need to charge other devices e.g. my iPad, I also have one of these small dual-USB car chargers that plugs into the 12V socket.

as others have mentioned, the Tesla console gives you a lot of concealed storage space. the console "cupholders" are actually 4 separate adjustable/moveable brackets - you can remove them completely if you want even more space inside the console.

I have the optional Tesla premium front console with a Lightning connector/dock. I ordered it prior to delivery and it was installed by the Service Center.

FYI I posted some photos I took of my car's interior over in this other thread - in the 10th pic from the top you can see the above-mentioned area of the console with the phone charging dock, USB ports (1 used by the console dock connector), and 12V outlet. In my case, the 2nd USB outlet is occupied by a USB flash drive containing my music. If I need to charge other devices e.g. my iPad, I also have one of these small dual-USB car chargers that plugs into the 12V socket.

as others have mentioned, the Tesla console gives you a lot of concealed storage space. the console "cupholders" are actually 4 separate adjustable/moveable brackets - you can remove them completely if you want even more space inside the console.
Good stuff thanks!