Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrades for Nose-Cone 2016 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just purchased a 2016 Model S (nose cone) from a private dealer. Awaiting title and registration papers for the vehicle, so do not have access to the Tesla app just yet.

Wondering what payable upgrades would be available for the vehicle, considering that no payable upgrades have been added?

Thanks!

Have already purchased the following accessories:

All weather floor mats
New tires (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+)
Evannex wheel bands (silver on silver - really to cover up existing rim damage from previous owner)
Tesla "T" puddle lights
Gen2 mobile charger for emergency
Home wall charger for regular use
Evannex trunk organizer
Performance pedals
Foot rest dead pedal cover
Key fob holder

Any other suggestions?

Ah, the Classic! When I sold mine, the main upgrade he did was to put a license plate on the front.

The car is so beautiful, there's really not much you can do to improve it. I like your idea to hide wheel rim damage.

What color??
Its the midnight silver!

Attachments

• IMG_1814.JPG
    IMG_1814.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 288
Congrats. You have a nice list of goodies already.
I have the same color and the best aesthetic upgrade for it, IMO, is chrome delete, especially the nosecone surround and foglight strips. Totally transforms the car. Simple PlastiDip and vinyl work.

My favorite mods:
Exterior:
15% tint all around
Brighter lights for trunk, frunk and puddle lights
Powder coated wheels
interior:
Drawer for cubby under MCU for launch mode
Carbon fiber wrap for center console
Air freshener

Oh damn that's awesome! Did you do that rims yourself?

The trim you mean - yes, I did it myself. PlastiDip is so easy to work with that you can’t go wrong. Peel it off if you don’t like it/mess up. Just takes a little time to mask surrounding areas, but since the nosecone easily pops off, all you have to do is mask off the headlights and hood. While you have the nosecone off, you can spray the chrome strip after simple masking of the “T”, etc.
I ended up de-chroming the rest of the car with vinyl as well as sprayed the rear appliqué. Only thing I didn’t tackle was the mirrors, but I’ll live with them staying chrome. I’m just a DIYer so the vinyl work wasn’t perfect, but good enough for me. I actually did the upper trim with one piece because I didn’t want a seam. As the pic shows, not perfect, but again, no seam so I’m happy.

Attachments

• CF2E0042-CA31-4CC0-B5BC-CA42952A9FCE.jpeg
    CF2E0042-CA31-4CC0-B5BC-CA42952A9FCE.jpeg
    607.5 KB · Views: 219
The trim you mean - yes, I did it myself. PlastiDip is so easy to work with that you can’t go wrong. Peel it off if you don’t like it/mess up. Just takes a little time to mask surrounding areas, but since the nosecone easily pops off, all you have to do is mask off the headlights and hood. While you have the nosecone off, you can spray the chrome strip after simple masking of the “T”, etc.
I ended up de-chroming the rest of the car with vinyl as well as sprayed the rear appliqué. Only thing I didn’t tackle was the mirrors, but I’ll live with them staying chrome. I’m just a DIYer so the vinyl work wasn’t perfect, but good enough for me. I actually did the upper trim with one piece because I didn’t want a seam. As the pic shows, not perfect, but again, no seam so I’m happy.
Looks great! I will have to give it a try!