Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading 2015 model S to CCS charging. worth it?

trond.strom

Mar 3, 2015
Norway
Oh, OK. I had seen with the existing V2 that they had installed both kinds of cables. I didn't know they were switching to just one when the new installs.

yeah the case with v3 stations in europe is that they are CCS only and thus older cars are unable to use them without paying for an upgrade to the car.

jpvdheijn

Oct 30, 2018
Baarle-Nassau, NL
I did the conversion a month ago and my wife was complaining about the investment in the car. I convinced her that it was worth the investment. Then last week on our Holiday with friends we first went to a Holiday home in a remote area in Zeeland. There we were not able to charge, and we took two trips with friends from there. One to den haag and the next day to Middelburg. To travel without worries i had to use THE two newest V3 sites in the Netherlands. My wife had to admit this flexibility was worth the investment.

Reactions: Acps110

MOzzA

Sep 29, 2017
North Wales
Just had my CCS upgrade done today. With 100 miles left on range, car started with 135kWatts 450 miles per hour, tad faster than before.

I'd expect 500+ miles per hour when lower starting point
How much did the conversion cost? Does the car need to go to a service centre or can a ranger do it in the UK?

AndyS3

Oct 8, 2019
London
How much did the conversion cost? Does the car need to go to a service centre or can a ranger do it in the UK?

It costs £280 I had mine done at service centre, but I understand it cam be done at home. I had the yellow screen UV repair done whilst I had the CCS upgrade

Reactions: MOzzA

SM '15 P90D

Jan 12, 2019
UK
Had the CCS upgrade done to my 2015 model S a while ago and supercharged for the first time last week. Peak charging rate of 112kw with the adapter compared to 94kw before. Overall charge rate approx 15% faster when arriving at best SOC and battery warmed I reckon. Happy

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC