Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading AP cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two users on this board who have swapped only fender cameras for RCCB ones. No errors or notifications reported in the Notifications section of MCU, and, deploy of new ota firmware is successful too (surprisingly).
I've got MCU1 AP2 HW3 (geez feels like a different language) and purchased a AP3 Passenger fender camera will get it installed today. (still looking for a driver side)

There are two users on this board who have swapped only fender cameras for RCCB ones. No errors or notifications reported in the Notifications section of MCU, and, deploy of new ota firmware is successful too (surprisingly).

FYI, I also have replaced one side repeater camera (waiting for the other one to arrive) Thanks to Akikiki! I also went from having AP2-> AP3 + MCU1-> MCU2. Driving for over a week with no errors or notifications reported!

Reactions: Akikiki
Just got both new color side repeater cameras from Tesla today and installed them. The color is much better. Not as good as the backup camera, but better than the old ones and the front camera.
So far, sentry mode and motion images work just fine. Nothing affected so far. I kept the old RCCC cameras just in case. I’d say it was worth doing. Anyone know how expensive/easy doing the front cameras would be, or even if it’ll work?

Reactions: Akikiki
I don't think anyone has done the front yet. I've seen the triple on eBay for $550. Buying its the easy part. Who wants to deal with removing and gluing to the windshield?
While I haven't yet looked, I don't think it's glued to the windshield. I believe there is a bracket (that is glued on) that the tricam then mounts to - in order to make windshield replacements easy in the field. I know I've had my windshield replaced by a mobile service person (not tesla) and they moved cameras over successfully

Reactions: Klaus and Akikiki
Just got both new color side repeater cameras from Tesla today and installed them. The color is much better. Not as good as the backup camera, but better than the old ones and the front camera.

Were your camera's model 1125106-00-E and 1125107-00-E? I was chatting with someone who sells these cameras and they stated "My supplier just told me they changed the part # on this, so I’m trying to verify the fitment and compatibility". He also said "the warehouse said the part is now made by different supplier". I asked "Does this mean Tesla switched vendors? Are these oem parts or third party?". He said "Yes, switched vendors, they will be still considered OEM". It would be awesome if they have the same picture as the rear camera. I'll let everyone know once I hear something.

I just replaced my AP2 2016 Model S Repeaters with the Model Y version. Here are the part numbers.
Right side 1125107-50-G Left side 1125106-50-G. They work, just replace, no calibration needed.

IMG_9590D.jpg
IMG_9595D.jpg

Got my car back from the MCU2 / HW3 upgrade today...wow, display is better, visualizations are better, maps are faster, dashcam / sentry is awesome to have, Netflix / YouTube / games are nice, too. All settings were transferred (except blutooth phone and Homelink - both set up in minutes) All functions working fine, including turns signals lol. The UHFS system definitely sounds better to me, and it is equal or louder volume to before the upgrade. Very excited, except one of my black arachnid wheel was gouged on something while in for thee service :( Going to have it checked out tomorrow, so hopefully they take care of it.