Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading from LR 3 to S 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Taking you at your word I went to Tesla.com inventory and clicked on Used and 2020 and found this:
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 12.11.54 PM.png

You get that Full Self-Driving Capability is NOT FSD, right? Just means that it has the computer, but it's gonna cost you to activate it.

You get that Full Self-Driving Capability is NOT FSD, right? Just means that it has the computer, but it's gonna cost you to activate it.

I agree that it's confusing, but "Full Self-Driving Capability" on a used Tesla from tesla.com means the actual $10,000 FSD package is fully included with this purchase. The $10,000 FSD is also included free with almost every used Tesla built since Nov2016 if you buy it on tesla.com

No, that's not right. "Full self driving capability" is what is commonly referred to as FSD.

Again, all of Tesla’s used inventory cars with at least HW 2.0 have it right now. It doesn't mean just AP or that you have to pay $10k more to get it. If it lists "full self driving capability", that means it has the $10k (current retail) “FSD".

MSFSD.jpg

Reactions: 2101Guy
What is this image? It seems to indicate that it's an ADDITIONAL $10,000 to get FSD.

I went back to the Tesla site and again selected Model S, Used, 2020 and that same $93,100 black car showed up, I then clicked Full Self Driving and it was removed from the list... Just saying
The image was from a NEW car order summary page. I was attempting to show that "full self driving capability" is indeed what is referred to by FSD. On a NEW car, "full self driving capability" is the $10k option.

Once again, Tesla currently includes "full self driving capability" (yes, FSD) in the listed price on each of its inventory used cars with at least HW 2.0.

The 2020 MS Performance you referenced above includes FSD in the $93,100 listed price.
2020MSPFSD.jpg

Crazy cool. I guess they found they didn't get as great a take rate on FSD than they did by MAKING customer get it if they want a cheaper Tesla. Another reason to get your used Tesla from Craigslist instead.

What??

Tesla’s used prices with FSD are almost always similar in price as to what private sellers are posting online, even here, without FSD. And you get an extra year of warranty buying from Tesla.

Even more ridiculous are the many private ads that try to sell used for the same price as a NEW one from Tesla.

I can understand why because Tesla has been continuing to lower prices, but don’t expect people to pay the same as a current new for something two years old.
For example, a very quick look at the FS here, the top thread right now was of someone who tried to sell a 2019 SR+ for just $2,000 less (even less difference with some state specific and utility incentives) than 2021 new because the poster originally bought it for $43K. I mean, Performance Model 3 was like $83K or something IIRC when it first came out, and now it’s just $55K.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sunshine Speed
What??

Tesla’s used prices with FSD are almost always similar in price as to what private sellers are posting online, even here, without FSD. And you get an extra year of warranty buying from Tesla.

Even more ridiculous are the many private ads that try to sell used for the same price as a NEW one from Tesla.

I can understand why because Tesla has been continuing to lower prices, but don’t expect people to pay the same as a current new for something two years old.
For example, a very quick look at the FS here, the top thread right now was of someone who tried to sell a 2019 SR+ for just $2,000 less (even less difference with some state specific and utility incentives) than 2021 new because the poster originally bought it for $43K. I mean, Performance Model 3 was like $83K or something IIRC when it first came out, and now it’s just $55K.

100% agree. Not sure why there are a lot of suggestions to buy private party vs. Tesla themselves.

Tesla prices (with included FSD and warranty) are much more competitive than most private party. The only real difference is that zero used Tesla's in their inventory will have free lifetime unlimited supercharging (something you can get via private party sales for cars that were grandfathered in). I have it on my MS, but not a deal breaker TBH.

Also, dealership cars typically have no FSD included in their cars.

Reactions: DBO.
Update - been waiting to se what happens to prices post-refresh. Tesla shows no preowned inventory directly through the site for me (directs to order new instead). Cars listed through EV-CPO are showing options I haven’t seen before (base autopilot on 2017?). Anyone else seeing this?

Reactions: EV-CPO
Update - been waiting to se what happens to prices post-refresh. Tesla shows no preowned inventory directly through the site for me (directs to order new instead). Cars listed through EV-CPO are showing options I haven’t seen before (base autopilot on 2017?). Anyone else seeing this?
Yes I noticed this too on tesla.com . Starting yesterday, several used listings are appearing with AP only, not FSD. I noticed it on Model S and Model 3.

Reactions: jpk195