Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading M3LR to New Model S LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently have a Jan ‘19 M3LR with a ‘22 SLR to be delivered in about 3 weeks. I’ll be passing the M3 to the Mrs and am pretty excited.

As I get closer to the date the more I feel like I may just be getting a bigger version of what I already have in the 3. For a lot more money.

My question is for those that made the jump up to S, how similar are the cars? Is the model S worth 1.5x if you’re already in love with the 3? What were the biggest differences you noticed while upgrading?

The 2022 MSLR will be much more powerful that the M3LR. I have owned both and also a M3P. With the MS you will have more space, the all glass roof, as well as air suspension that will feel very different than the M3. The MS will not be as nimble as the M3 in the canyons or curvy roads It’s not bad just a bigger vehicle. The 2 screens in the MS is much better imho. I hated when they pushed the software upgrade that made the M3/Y screen more evenly distributed with the map and driving visualizations.

I actually just got a loaner M3 from the service center today so all of this is fresh in my mind. I found that I still love the 3 but can’t wait to get my 21.5 MS back. If you love the 3 you will likely love the S as well.