Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scheduled SC for upgrading to MCU2 and Tesla sent estimate costs $1623.75 including tax. Is the labor included in this price?

Attachments

• 0E30099C-7AE7-419F-9E84-1F193FDD150E.jpeg
    0E30099C-7AE7-419F-9E84-1F193FDD150E.jpeg
    339.8 KB · Views: 194
Scheduled SC for upgrading to MCU2 and Tesla sent estimate costs $1623.75 including tax. Is the labor included in this price?
If you click the View Estimate link shown in your photo, it will display details that show the labor charges.

If my MCU1 doesn't work well - can't download any web pages - would upgrade to MCU2 be covered by my warranty?
Not likely.

I'm in the same boat. Mcu is not worth fixing, Mcu2 is considered the fix. Mcu2 makes sense if you watch movies and aren't bothered by another monthly bill and expensive FM radio. Saving the money for a newer car is my strategy.

Does the MCU2 upgrade includes converting manual to power liftgate as well? I saw "Power Lift Gate Control Module", "Power Liftgate Chime" and "Jumper harness for MCU Upgrade Tegra+AP1.0 with manual liftgate" on my service estimate.

I'm in the same boat. Mcu is not worth fixing, Mcu2 is considered the fix. Mcu2 makes sense if you watch movies and aren't bothered by another monthly bill and expensive FM radio. Saving the money for a newer car is my strategy.

I didn't have a monthly connectivity charge when I upgraded mine to MCU2 and could stream to my hearts content on LTE while supercharging.

The price increase went into effect on July 1st- on the website. Looks like they were trying to slip in the price increase in the few days prior, but I had a screenshot of that page from when I made the appointment on the 24th, and they adjusted the cost back to the $1500.

Still expensive, but my MCU won't load any web pages either. It's useless at that.

The price increase went into effect on July 1st- on the website. Looks like they were trying to slip in the price increase in the few days prior, but I had a screenshot of that page from when I made the appointment on the 24th, and they adjusted the cost back to the $1500.

Still expensive, but my MCU won't load any web pages either. It's useless at that.
That's good you got it installed before the price bump.

For the browser problem somethings obviously not working correctly. While I wouldn't suggest MCU2 has a blazing fast browser, it certainly is usable compared to the MCU1 browser which was completely useless.