Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading to FSD beta - starting subscription until FSD beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The release of 10.44.25.5 - the version of FSD beta with Apple Music and the first version ahead of my 10.44.25.1 software - lead me to start a subscription. My car is set to “advanced” software updates. I started the subscription on Friday Dec 21 at 1:00 am and selected the request to join the beta immediately in the car. My car had an update to 10.44.25.3 at 2:00 am - not the beta. Today, Dec 24 at 3:00 pm my car received the 10.44.25.5 FSD beta update. So next day or roughly 36 hours for me in New York.

My biggest worry was sitting on the base FSD for most of the first month - I will likely maintain a subscription if I find value. I am really curious about the single stack v11 though.

I have a 2022 Model 3 AWD.

Reactions: Ramphex
Nice! Now be really careful as you start to experiment with it. Keep in mind it will take some time to get comfortable with when it should or shouldn't be enabled. There is a learning curve before it’s really “useable” in the real world without stressing you out.

Does anyone know if you subscribe monthly for road trips, etc., get the FSD option, your month runs out and you do not renew, and then renew 2 months later for another road trip if you will have FSD immediately, or will you need to request the beta again?

Does anyone know if you subscribe monthly for road trips, etc., get the FSD option, your month runs out and you do not renew, and then renew 2 months later for another road trip if you will have FSD immediately, or will you need to request the beta again?
FSD Beta doesn't work on highways. FSD Beta is a misnomer of Autosteer on City Streets Beta.

If you stop the subscription FSD Beta grays out (or disappears) and can't be turned on. You stay on the Beta branch and when you pay the subscription you can turn Beta back on.
You might get a non-Beta software update once you lose FSD, but don’t install it if you plan to subscribe again. Once Tesla releases the single stack version that won’t matter anymore. As others mentioned, the current FSD Beta uses regular NoA on the highway, so if you only plan to use AP on the highway, you don’t need the FSD Beta build, just the FSD (or EAP) option.

• Helpful
Reactions: samori01
You might get a non-Beta software update once you lose FSD, but don’t install it if you plan to subscribe again. Once Tesla releases the single stack version that won’t matter anymore. As others mentioned, the current FSD Beta uses regular NoA on the highway, so if you only plan to use AP on the highway, you don’t need the FSD Beta build, just the FSD (or EAP) option.
If you stop the subscription FSD Beta grays out (or disappears) and can't be turned on. You stay on the Beta branch and when you pay the subscription you can turn Beta back on.
So as long as you keep the FSD software, whenever you resubscribe it will be there; however, if you update to a non-beta software, you will have to wait for the FSD software again. Thank you.
Also, is the plan to go to single stack iminent, or is this another thing that is on Elon time?

So as long as you keep the FSD software, whenever you resubscribe it will be there; however, if you update to a non-beta software, you will have to wait for the FSD software again. Thank you.
Also, is the plan to go to single stack iminent, or is this another thing that is on Elon time?
I don’t think this is clear yet. Yes, FSDb branch will almost certainly go to single stack soon, but there’s been no indication this software will be forced onto production AP cars yet/at that time.

Reactions: samori01
In to see how many days before you figure out it’s not worth the price tag, and that your friends would be more impressed if you learned card tricks, or how to juggle instead
While I wholeheartedly agree, what you and I feel is worth the price tag, does not hold true for everyone else. There are some who purchased a Tesla for the sole reason of using this functionality, so for them, it is completely worth it.

Reactions: Ramphex and Dewg