Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

uploading attached images

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's actually a browser/iPhone issue. If you viewed this thread on an iPad or on Safari with a mac, they would look ok. It has to do with whether or not your browser pays attention to the orientation info in the exif data.

No, it's a forum issue. If you open the image in a separate window it appears correctly, but the shrunk down version that is inline in the thread is sideways even in Safari.

Well, it's a combination. They look properly oriented on my iPad. I've been told in the past they look right on a Mac (I use a PC), but who knows how many versions of Safari ago that was. Given the ubiquity of iPhone photos these days, I'd guess many sites fix this compatibility issue when an image is uploaded. The software we're currently on is from the stone age.

It's actually a browser/iPhone issue. If you viewed this thread on an iPad or on Safari with a mac, they would look ok. It has to do with whether or not your browser pays attention to the orientation info in the exif data.

I am viewing on a Mac with Safari. Firefox has the same problem, but interestingly, they show correctly on my iPad, which is basically still Safari. Odd.

• Disagree
Reactions: Trekker_
Good news on photo orientation posting from iPhones. ..... Because regular photos DO NOT orient correctly for viewing by others once posted..... even if you edit, rotate and repost.....but short pano photos DO orient correctly, it's best to only shoot short pano photos, then post. This ends cringed heebeegeebee's, neck pain, Austrailian viewing issues and gravitational anomalies!