Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper control arm issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I have a 2011 Model S Signature edition I've owned for a bit under a year and have had no major issues with it so far. Then about a week ago I started hearing a creaking/ squeaking noise from the front when turning the wheel at slow speed or stopped, and occasionally just when going over spees bumps. This usually occurs when turning the wheel to make full right or left turns a shallow turn to follow a slight bend in the road doesnt cause the noises. From my research on this it sounds like this noise is caused by the upper control arms. I have replaced control arms on numerous vehicles before and am configured I could do it here as well but am struggling to find New control arms. I have found non tesla brand ones on ebay and amazon for about 100-200 for both front uppers. I am concerned with quality of these though. Has anyone replaced their model s control arms themselves and if so what replacement parts did you use?

I’ve been hearing occasional noises similar much what you described. Typically with slow bounce over speed bumps etc.....but mine sounds like a squeaking of sorts and I credited the change to the drop in temperature. Seems to only do it when it gets cold so I figured it’s just rubber bushings somewhere.
Can it just be the change in temperature causing this?