Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper control arm issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2019 Model 3 has started making a creaking noise coming from around the front of the drivers side door, it only does it below 20mph.

Does this sound like it could be the upper control arms?

The car has done less than 8000 miles.

Thanks

Yep. Should be fixed under warranty. Maybe a couple of weeks wait for parts - you kind of thought that they would have had UK stock of them considering how common this is. A couple of hours in the service centre so not too bad.

Last edited:
I heard from others that they had an advisory but I guess as long as it’s caught early and there is no excessive play it shouldn’t really be a failure. Best to get done before if you can though.

We didn’t drive our car except for a couple of necessities having checked things for play. Nothing of note and didn’t drive any different. Just the creak but it did alter our plans, including putting the MOT off.

My 2019 Model 3 has started making a creaking noise coming from around the front of the drivers side door, it only does it below 20mph.

Does this sound like it could be the upper control arms?

The car has done less than 8000 miles.

Thanks
Yes, your low mileage is probably the reason it hasn't shown up before now, I doubt its a MOT failing point tbh.

I booked a request in the app last week but it's been sat at Cost Estimate for a few days, I just noticed that there was a Manage Request button and when I clicked on it there's the request I made for the noise and also one saying "Rework Electrical Harness Due to Water Ingress R1".

There was a Confirm button which I clicked though it doesn't seem to have done anything, should there be something showing the estimated cost? I'm sure when I did a request for something else last year or so it did show the cost estimate.