Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper Control Arm Sealing DIY?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019 LR AWD Model 3. Drivers side replaced around 32k miles. Passenger still okay at 49k and I'm wondering whether I should actively do something with it.

It's the only maintenance that has had to be done on this car, other than a routine tire replacement at 26k.
I think they're proactively doing this during service now. I noticed it on my last invoice a few weeks ago. I've never had any creaking, and I didn't request it. They actually both creaked like crazy for the first day after I got it back, prompting me to wonder what they had done and that caused me to check my invoice more closely. They stopped creaking by the next day, and have been silent since.

I used lithium grease last week for the second time on the right side that was creaking. Second time I really filled up the boot with at least 10 maybe 20 cc. Was quiet for almost a week, then started to act up again. Quiet sometimes, but mostly not. I have an appointment 7/3. Hope it keeps acting up when I arrive at SC. they are charging $97.50 for diagnosis.
8986DE1F-2DD9-4237-8F29-7445F8D2179F.png

I used lithium grease last week for the second time on the right side that was creaking. Second time I really filled up the boot with at least 10 maybe 20 cc. Was quiet for almost a week, then started to act up again. Quiet sometimes, but mostly not. I have an appointment 7/3. Hope it keeps acting up when I arrive at SC. they are charging $97.50 for diagnosis.
View attachment 821435
Interesting….they’re charging me $58.50 for diagnosing my creaky FUCAs, which I’m assuming they’ll comp after hearing the issue. I’m getting mine replaced 2 months before warranty expiry. By the way. Does anyone know if alignment is done as well? I’ve seen work orders for FUCAs say “alignment included” and others say nothing. Mine says nothing about alignment. Is it done?

Ski