Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upper Cubby Re-Attachment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was taking a peek around the car and detached the "upper cubby" (The cubby just below the screen) and have been unable to re-attach it. Anyone been in the same situation. It has 4 clips but the back 2 clips are a real annoyance to try and get in, and to be honest I'm not even sure that I'm doing it right.

Anyone have tips on the best way to re-attach it?

The SC changed out my MCU and left the cubby hanging. It was a pain to pop back in place. But don't push from the bottom, put your hand inside the cubby and push up. I seem to recall it attached at the front then rear (relative to car) with a lot of pressure and no good place for leverage.

I had the same problem with my cubby. I simply could not get it back on. I asked the same question on this forum, and everyone stated that I needed to take the side panels off to re-install. I gave up and drove to my local SC. They re-installed exactly that way. Even though they knew it was entirely my fault, they fixed it, not even bothering to write up a ticket.

I had the same problem with my cubby. I simply could not get it back on. I asked the same question on this forum, and everyone stated that I needed to take the side panels off to re-install. I gave up and drove to my local SC. They re-installed exactly that way. Even though they knew it was entirely my fault, they fixed it, not even bothering to write up a ticket.

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll just take it back to the shop.