TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Upper Cubby Re-Attachment

Discussion in 'Model S' started by MJPatience, Apr 30, 2014.

1. MJPatience

MJPatience New Member

Was taking a peek around the car and detached the "upper cubby" (The cubby just below the screen) and have been unable to re-attach it. Anyone been in the same situation. It has 4 clips but the back 2 clips are a real annoyance to try and get in, and to be honest I'm not even sure that I'm doing it right.

Anyone have tips on the best way to re-attach it?

2. steve841

steve841 Active Member

The SC changed out my MCU and left the cubby hanging. It was a pain to pop back in place. But don't push from the bottom, put your hand inside the cubby and push up. I seem to recall it attached at the front then rear (relative to car) with a lot of pressure and no good place for leverage.

3. 4SUPER9

4SUPER9 Active Member

I had the same problem with my cubby. I simply could not get it back on. I asked the same question on this forum, and everyone stated that I needed to take the side panels off to re-install. I gave up and drove to my local SC. They re-installed exactly that way. Even though they knew it was entirely my fault, they fixed it, not even bothering to write up a ticket.

4. MJPatience

MJPatience New Member

Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll just take it back to the shop.