Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset is ruining the excitement. Delivery of 2021 on last day of the year.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Plaid + when ordering was available. My third Tesla. P90D and a Loaded performance # Estimated delivery was to be this spring of 22. As all know, the + order was changed to a regular plaid. Okay, a bit of disappointment. Actually a lot but, whatever. I received an e mail a couple of weeks ago to prepare for delivery. Date is was set for tomorrow. I just insured the car I am suppose to pick up and noticed it is a 2021. Not sure how long the 22s have been being made but I see many on the market along with on the Tesla site. I called them. Option A take the car. Option B place an order for another and it will get delivered---???- No commitment. BUT Pay the 10k new price. I am getting a left over by all accounts. The value of it is certainly going to be less than if a 22. Also as everyone, we love that almost every day Tesla makes changes to their cars. Why was mine parked somewhere for months and now getting jammed down my throat without any concession or option to switch to a car that is suppose to be delivered in 22 and is a 22? Oh yea. When I took delivery of my 78k loaded three the price dropped, I believe 10k about two weeks later. Love Tesla. Feel Shafted. Any advice?

I’d tell them you are away on vacay and can’t take delivery. They’ll assign your vin elsewhere and you’ll be put back in queue. Then bug them in Jan and likely you’ll get another as soon as one comes in. The further you push, the more likely you’ll get a 2022.did this to Model Y as we were away and now we have a Jan 9-feb 4th window. I’m seeing his long I can shift until 4680 batteries come.

For Plaid, as long as your config is pretty normal, you’ll get a match. Ie. not MSM on cream or something odd

Reactions: IamGaryGnu
I’d tell them you are away on vacay and can’t take delivery. They’ll assign your vin elsewhere and you’ll be put back in queue. Then bug them in Jan and likely you’ll get another as soon as one comes in. The further you push, the more likely you’ll get a 2022.did this to Model Y as we were away and now we have a Jan 9-feb 4th window. I’m seeing his long I can shift until 4680 batteries come.

For Plaid, as long as your config is pretty normal, you’ll get a match. Ie. not MSM on cream or something odd
Pretty much loaded black on black. There are none according to them same. I saw none. Closet had stock wheels AND if there was they said switching will be the new price. WT F. I ordered a Plaid + 22 suppose to come in this spring. The puzzle for me is how are there unsold 22s comming in before my ordered car?? Im getting someone who couldnt take delivery for at least two months sloppy second. Another strange one: This is my third ordered Tesla. The other two the vin came out as soon as build started. Now its whatever whenever. Im realy just dissapointed about any imporvments that may have been made and that I am essentially buying a leftover without leftover price.

Model S $64,990.00
Model S Plaid $55,000.00
Solid Black $1,500.00
21" Arachnid Wheels $4,500.00
Full Self-Driving Capability $10,000.00
Autopilot $0.00
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging $0.00
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor $0.00
Yoke Steering $0.00

Pretty much loaded black on black. There are none according to them same. I saw none. Closet had stock wheels AND if there was they said switching will be the new price. WT F. I ordered a Plaid + 22 suppose to come in this spring. The puzzle for me is how are there unsold 22s comming in before my ordered car?? Im getting someone who couldnt take delivery for at least two months sloppy second. Another strange one: This is my third ordered Tesla. The other two the vin came out as soon as build started. Now its whatever whenever. Im realy just dissapointed about any imporvments that may have been made and that I am essentially buying a leftover without leftover price.

Model S $64,990.00
Model S Plaid $55,000.00
Solid Black $1,500.00
21" Arachnid Wheels $4,500.00
Full Self-Driving Capability $10,000.00
Autopilot $0.00
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging $0.00
All Black Premium Interior with Carbon Fiber Décor $0.00
Yoke Steering $0.0
I’d still let them know your unavail for delivery. Out of town etc. Get another vin assigned later in Jan

I had a LR ‘21 assigned for mid December pick up. I called and said this late in the year I was to wait for a ‘22. They put me on hold for a couple of weeks and then took me off. Been sitting at jan12-feb9 for a while. I’m really wanting to get my car but glad it will be a ‘22 when the time comes. Same price as before and same configuration.