Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset that Tesla screwed customers who took delivery in the last few months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears you are correct, they haven't said when in March they'd issue the guidelines. I would hope that they'd say "starting 1 April here's what qualifies" so as not to screw people over but they could do otherwise.
I don't think that the regulation is written to allow that. It says the guidance takes effect when released. Of course it also said that the guidance was to be released by 12/31/2022.

Bought model Y and was forced to tale delivery on dec 31 at 11:30 pm Otherwise I wont get the discount, any sane person would not want to leave the 7500 on the table but i could have waited to take the delivery and i told them i want to take the car in new year. The sales people insisted I take it on Dec 31. By california law you can get a return a car in 7 days , Tesla planned to sell as many as possible at the higher price ( sales teams were texting me back n forth even though i wasnt looking for a car in december , I had only inquired once sometime in early 2022) and then wait for 7 days which takes the to Jan 7 ( friday ) Jan 13 friday they drop the price by $13k + 7500 tax credit. Even with discount applied I have still lost alot of money since I cannot recieve any more tax credit for it as well. This is a planned scam. In 7 days car value has degraded $13k. No other car company does this type of huge price adjustments. This isnt fair to the customers.
You were happy getting $7500 off and 10k free supercharger miles at the time. No one forced you to take delivery 12/31, you did it voluntarily so you could get the discount. Yes, the price changed in the new year, but you were fully aware and agreeable to the price in your MVPA at the time of sale.
There’s no scam, just a price change.

What is this 7 day law you’re alluding to allowing you to return a car in CA? As far as I’m aware CA is a “no-cooling off” state. This means you can’t decide later you don’t want the car and just return it. You even sign paperwork acknowledging this when you buy a car.

Got an RWD in Nov 5. Since this morning I have been trying to convince myself.... I'm good"...
Screenshot_20230113-192710.png
at least the RWD went down only 3k. (Not taking into consideration the possible tax credit). Glad I didn't get a performance or LR. I know that for sure these changes will impact prices around all trims regardless of our original MSRP....but well such is life. I look forward to the next 3-5 years in the Tesla used market....

As a new tesla customer I am pissed that Tesla did such a huge price drop. Feel cheated by Tesla...
Just took delivery in early December. This is such a huge change in price. I think it shall be protested by consumers who got screwed overnight..!

People who took delivery in the last few months..! What are your thoughts on this giant price reduction!
I think its the Crazy IRA (forcing Tesla) you should be upset about - and you can use your vote or talk yo your congres rep.

I suspect the prices will climb back up slowly.
At 30% a $66k car is $20k profit, at $54k they make $8k or 17%. That will not make Wall Street happy and Tesla lives to please Wall Street with their numbers.
These prices are likely short term, most likely to March, after which point they will climb unless the cars remain eligible for the federal rebate, however with likely increased demand due to the price drop their numbers may still look good.
And no matter what the media says about increased competition there isn’t any as the other EV auto makers (legacy or otherwise) don’t have the production capacity to make anything. Add to the fact that the public charging network is, overall, in crisis reliability wise, and there aren’t any viable long range type EVs to buy.
But that reduced margins are going to annoy Wall Street unless Tesla have figured out how to take $10-13k off their recent cost base per vehicle…

Reactions: nate704
Prices will drop again. How do I know? I just bought again.

1) Invested a large amount of money in the stock market (VTI & IXUS) on Aug 22 last year. Stock market immediately dropped like 14%.

2) Bought Model 3 RWD for myself for $43,240 ($3750 off) beginning of December. Had been wanting a Y for our main family car for years, but felt the price had gone up too much and would never come back down, so settled for a Model 3 with a plan to continue using wife’s CX-9 for family duties. Tesla immediately started offering Super Charging credits, then started offering $7,500 off, and now dropped the price of the Y to like $2k more than my 3 RWD after credits.

3) Screw it… going all electric baby. Ordered Model Y LR for my wife last night for $47,490 (after $7,500 tax credit).

Just you wait, something else will happen now.

Man, that sucks. I don't know what to tell you. Have you considered dropping the "lucky" part of your name?

deceased! Haha!

I do feel for the OP. My Nov delivered MYP tanked seriously bad as well. Oh well! Not much I can do but enjoy the vehicle as I planned on anyways. Maybe Elon will throw us a bone with free EAP, or something. YEA, right…. I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.