TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Upset with lack of features on Hardware 2.0

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Xmen, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Xmen

Xmen Member

I just picked up my Model X a few days ago with hardware 2.0 and while it is a great car, there are many missing features. Not only does it not have autopilot (purchased EAP), it does not have some basic safety features like lane tracking. I can't see the cars around me on my dashboard. In addition, it does not even have automatic headlight. What is going on? Any other missing features other new X owners have noticed with hardware 2.0

• Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 2
  2. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

How did you manage to miss all the words written about this subject by Tesla including the information displayed on the order page? And you missed all the discussion on various websites including this one.

Congratulations on your X, the software updates will be coming out.

• Like x 12
    • Informative x 1
  3. number12

number12 Active Member

Easy solution. I'll trade you my ap1.0 X for yours. Full features available today. I'll even let you keep the tax credit. Deal?

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Features will be activated starting with FW 8.1 in a few weeks.

5. disagree

disagree hos epi to polu

I have to say that I am still surprised it won't even have auto headlights until the update. That's so weird.

6. Archimedes

Archimedes Member

I'm a bit perplexed. This has to be a joke right or is the poster seriously saying he's never read anything from Tesla or any other source about the availability of AP 2.0 software and certain related features? Even if he hadn't his DS would have surely explained this to him at delivery.

• Disagree x 1
  7. Xmen

Xmen Member

Thanks for the information. Wow some people are sensitive at the forum. Nothing better to do besides posting derogatory comments about strangers?

• Like x 2
  8. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

This feature uses the cameras. Any feature that uses the camera or the ultrasonics is not currently available.

• Informative x 2
  9. ktrivedi70

ktrivedi70 Member

Interesting point to be made here. My first reaction was to say "Dude, the tiniest bit of homework would have told you that the features are going to be activated via software update in the few weeks." But I think the larger issue is that we are going to see this sort of thing more and more. As sales move from early adopters and Tesla geeks who hang on every scrap of news over to 'normal folks', Tesla is going to have to do a better job of educating people. Not good, not bad, just the way things are.

• Like x 7
  10. pjoseph

pjoseph Member

OP, you are describing upcoming features to a T. i too am in the same boat (or is it a car that drives like a boat :)) and miss blind spot detection the most. Patience, my dear grasshopper.

11. Archimedes

Archimedes Member

I really don't see anything derogatory except your original posting. You're complaining about the availability of features that are well-documented not to be currently available with your version of AP. I guess some people don't have enough time in their busy lives to do even a minimal amount of research on a well documented subject before posting a complaint about it.

• Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
  12. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

@Xmen - if it rains before 8.1 is released, you will find that the auto-wiper function is also missing.

• Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  13. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

I wasn't trying to be derogatory, I just asked how you managed to miss all the commotion about this in numerous places. In any case, hopefully the coming updates (and it will take more than one) will assuage your upset. Also, we thank you for your service, as you just driving around is helping get the AP2 software validated and on its way to release.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  14. PedanticOne

PedanticOne MyTesla Refresh Champion

Wouldn't they have explained all of this upon delivery of the vehicle? If not, that's a pretty glaring omission, and an opportunity for improvement. Unless car was shipped direct?

15. bugZPDX

bugZPDX Member

I agree completely with you and PedanticOne. It was never mentioned to us that the AP 2.0 features might not be enabled upon delivery (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I only found out about it because someone else on the forum was confused when they took delivery of their MX and I have done what feels like a TON of research. It seems like the DS would mention this during delivery so yes, definitely room for improvement.

Congratulations on your delivery, Xmen!

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  16. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

Even for those that understand that autopilot won't be initially active, it's hard to fathom that simple cruise control, blind spot detection, etc., are not active. These have nothing to do with "autopilot" features, just basic features on many cars.

• Like x 2
  17. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Sucker! You fell for it!

18. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

No rain sensing wipers, either - on older cars the headlights and wipers were both handled by a dedicated windshield mounted sensor, which AP2 cars don't appear to have - apparently the cameras will be taking both roles (probably the wide angle camera?) once Firmware 8.1 enables it.

• Informative x 1
  19. rush6410

rush6410 Member

Basic cruise does work. But I get your sentiment.

• Like x 1
  20. Xmen

Xmen Member

DS said that "basic safety features should work," which I took to mean lane tracking and blind spot assist.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1