Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upset with lack of features on Hardware 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model X a few days ago with hardware 2.0 and while it is a great car, there are many missing features. Not only does it not have autopilot (purchased EAP), it does not have some basic safety features like lane tracking. I can't see the cars around me on my dashboard. In addition, it does not even have automatic headlight. What is going on? Any other missing features other new X owners have noticed with hardware 2.0

I just picked up my Model X a few days ago with hardware 2.0 and while it is a great car, there are many missing features. Not only does it not have autopilot (purchased EAP), it does not have some basic safety features like lane tracking. I can't see the cars around me on my dashboard. In addition, it does not even have automatic headlight. What is going on? Any other missing features other new X owners have noticed with hardware 2.0

How did you manage to miss all the words written about this subject by Tesla including the information displayed on the order page? And you missed all the discussion on various websites including this one.

Congratulations on your X, the software updates will be coming out.

Easy solution. I'll trade you my ap1.0 X for yours. Full features available today. I'll even let you keep the tax credit. Deal?

I'm a bit perplexed. This has to be a joke right or is the poster seriously saying he's never read anything from Tesla or any other source about the availability of AP 2.0 software and certain related features? Even if he hadn't his DS would have surely explained this to him at delivery.

• Disagree
Reactions: TaoJones
Interesting point to be made here. My first reaction was to say "Dude, the tiniest bit of homework would have told you that the features are going to be activated via software update in the few weeks." But I think the larger issue is that we are going to see this sort of thing more and more. As sales move from early adopters and Tesla geeks who hang on every scrap of news over to 'normal folks', Tesla is going to have to do a better job of educating people. Not good, not bad, just the way things are.

I'm a bit perplexed. This has to be a joke right or is the poster seriously saying he's never read anything from Tesla or any other source about the availability of AP 2.0 software and certain related features? Even if he hadn't his DS would have surely explained this to him at delivery.
Thanks for the information. Wow some people are sensitive at the forum. Nothing better to do besides posting derogatory comments about strangers?

I really don't see anything derogatory except your original posting. You're complaining about the availability of features that are well-documented not to be currently available with your version of AP. I guess some people don't have enough time in their busy lives to do even a minimal amount of research on a well documented subject before posting a complaint about it.

Thanks for the information. Wow some people are sensitive at the forum. Nothing better to do besides posting derogatory comments about strangers?

I wasn't trying to be derogatory, I just asked how you managed to miss all the commotion about this in numerous places. In any case, hopefully the coming updates (and it will take more than one) will assuage your upset. Also, we thank you for your service, as you just driving around is helping get the AP2 software validated and on its way to release.

Interesting point to be made here. My first reaction was to say "Dude, the tiniest bit of homework would have told you that the features are going to be activated via software update in the few weeks." But I think the larger issue is that we are going to see this sort of thing more and more. As sales move from early adopters and Tesla geeks who hang on every scrap of news over to 'normal folks', Tesla is going to have to do a better job of educating people. Not good, not bad, just the way things are.

I agree completely with you and PedanticOne. It was never mentioned to us that the AP 2.0 features might not be enabled upon delivery (hopefully in the next couple of weeks). I only found out about it because someone else on the forum was confused when they took delivery of their MX and I have done what feels like a TON of research. It seems like the DS would mention this during delivery so yes, definitely room for improvement.

Congratulations on your delivery, Xmen!

Sucker! You fell for it!

No rain sensing wipers, either - on older cars the headlights and wipers were both handled by a dedicated windshield mounted sensor, which AP2 cars don't appear to have - apparently the cameras will be taking both roles (probably the wide angle camera?) once Firmware 8.1 enables it.

• Informative
Reactions: TaoJones