Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upsized MYLR Induction tires to 265/40 Michelin PS4 AS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was planning to do exactly this and doing some research and found your post. How do you feel about your decision now that it has been a few months? Also, how did you go about replacing the tires - were the shop people able to buy your 255s or did you have to sell them elsewhere and basically pay full price for 265s?
Update - I've put about 7k miles on the 265 AS4's and couldn't be happier with the ride, noise, and wear. High speed handling is phenomenal. I rotated at 5k after noticing the rears were showing a bit more wear than the front which I'll continue at 5k intervals. Had a chance to test out snow performance in the Sierra's and was pleased with grip and stopping performance. Snow depth was only a few inches so still need to test in deeper mountain snow to find limits. I was able to sell my OEM Goodyear's with 49 mi. for $550 on CL. Considering the AS4's were about $330/ea., not much of a dent but I'll take it!

Reactions: adgoodma
I am now at 30k on my Goodyear Eagle F1. While I still have some tread life before needing to be replaced, I typically don’t wait until it becomes critical. I have no complaints about the stock Eagles but reading some posts here, seems some folks think they are inferior. Is there a consensus on this idea? I do appreciate the discussion of changing the tire size to get a taller sidewall: I’m not a great parallel parker. Since the performance MY have 275r35/21 that are 28.6” tall versus stock induction 20” at 28”, it would seem likely the additional 0.1” taller 275 should fit. Doesn't the performance MY have slightly less ground clearance. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could get advice from Tesla about tire size options. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited:
I am now at 30k on my Goodyear Eagle F1. While I still have some tread life before needing to be replaced, I typically don’t wait until it becomes critical. I have no complaints about the stock Eagles but reading some posts here, seems some folks think they are inferior. Is there a consensus on this idea? I do appreciate the discussion of changing the tire size to get a taller sidewall: I’m not a great parallel parker. Since the performance MY have 275r35/21 that are 28.6” tall versus stock induction 20” at 28”, it would seem likely the additional 0.1” taller 275 should fit. Doesn't the performance MY have slightly less ground clearance. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could get advice from Tesla about tire size options. Thanks for the suggestion.
Wow, I can't believe you have 30K on the F1's! I'm just hitting 16K and planning to replace them with 255/40/20's AS 4's later this week. I probably have a couple more K's in them but might have to drive up in the mountains this winter on short notice so planning ahead. The F1's are terrible in snow according to many reports. I looked at the 265's too but they were exactly $100 more per tire so not worth it to me. Another thought - those 265's probably won't do much if anything to help when parallel parking so if that's why you're going a bit taller you may want to think about it.

Wow, I can't believe you have 30K on the F1's! I'm just hitting 16K and planning to replace them with 255/40/20's AS 4's later this week. I probably have a couple more K's in them but might have to drive up in the mountains this winter on short notice so planning ahead. The F1's are terrible in snow according to many reports. I looked at the 265's too but they were exactly $100 more per tire so not worth it to me. Another thought - those 265's probably won't do much if anything to help when parallel parking so if that's why you're going a bit taller you may want to think about it.
Let us know how your new tires work out. I also have 16k miles on our 20”induction wheels. Looking for a replacement…

UPDATE: The AS4's have transformed my MY into a beast through heavy snow. Good traction and minimal wheel spin, I passed many an F-150 4x4 with lug treads stuck nose first in a snowbank. WInter driving tip: make sure driving style is changed to chill from sport to limit wheels from breaking free.

MY over Carson Pass.jpg

I personally prefer my new Micheline tires over the RF Pirelli tires, and honestly I haven't had any issues with them so far. The new tires run better on any type of road , protect the wheels pretty good, and look far better than the Pirelli tires.
I asked the Discount tire guy if they would take the tires for a price from me, but the answer was negative. I am still trying to sell them on Craigslist, but it looks like nobody wants them. Good luck to you 👍
What is the size of your tires? How many miles did you drive with these tires?