Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UPS's not working on battery power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its not speculation, it happens, under various circumstances. Its actually more surprising that you havent experienced it at all.

It could be that I'm the exception and I'm lucky. I wish I knew the "secret sauce" of my installation so that I could share it. (The only data point I can think of is that it's a 100% Tesla-installed system.)

Reactions: bmah
@jlv1 , did your solar ever come back on, and if so, do you know around percentage your powerwalls were?
The electric company fixed outage before the Powerwall ever dropped the frequency enough to re-allow solar production - but it was close. Our production only resumed when the grid came back up (about 12:40). From the SolarEdge portal, I see the alert for "Grid frequency irregularity" go off at about that time.

(12:40 is the time stamp of the email from National Grid telling me power was restored)

From my hubitat logs, we were down to 86% SOC on the Powerall at the end of the outage.
pw soc.JPG

But I did look at the logs of my Zigbee plugs and the they were reporting the frequency raising over the duration of the outage.

outage freq.JPG

Solar production (over half the panels covered in 8" of snow)
pv.JPG

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
FWIW, I sent a "contact us" message from the Energy Support site on Saturday about the 65Hz, since I couldn't find a phone number for them at the time. No response yet. I'm about to the number at Powerwall Customer Support.

You definitely want to call.. that contact us page will eventually work, but eventually will likely be measured in weeks.