Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upstaged ... by my WIFE!

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
So, after having coveted a Model S for a couple years, finally hit the numbers I wanted in our company and took the leap a while back. I LOVE it - a black 85D ... tuxedo appointed, incredible.

It's about time for my wife, who's always been more of a Jag girl to get a new ride. She's interested, as usual in another Jag, but has stretched out to the possibility of an Audi or even a Panamera. She knows she can have whatever she wants.

But last night, after a couple cocktails and on the way home she says, "You know, Tesla has that new one, right? The P90D, right? Maybe I'll do a red one of those."

AAUUUGHGGHGHGHGGH! Here I was the big guy and she's going to have bigger better faster? Incredible!

Honestly, pretty awesome if that's what she chooses but FFS I wanted to be the fastest one in the family for a while :/

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Don't hold that against her,...

Just kidding!

Id definitely get a p85d over anything else on the market!
LOL Reading back, it could be that she has no taste because she'd drive cars OTHER than a Tesla - And again, marrying me would fit right in ;)

GreenT

verT
Mar 14, 2014
France
Candidly, if I were her, (as much as I'd not consider another brand), I'd wait to see the X.

Mind you, she'd likely be waiting for a year or more for hers. Me? I'm on the fence of getting a new X or just riding my S into the ground.

perkiset

... this one goes to 11
Jan 7, 2014
Phoenix, AZ

Attachments

• roflmao.gif
    roflmao.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,333

Merrill

Merrill
Jan 23, 2013
Sonoma, California
So, after having coveted a Model S for a couple years, finally hit the numbers I wanted in our company and took the leap a while back. I LOVE it - a black 85D ... tuxedo appointed, incredible.

It's about time for my wife, who's always been more of a Jag girl to get a new ride. She's interested, as usual in another Jag, but has stretched out to the possibility of an Audi or even a Panamera. She knows she can have whatever she wants.

But last night, after a couple cocktails and on the way home she says, "You know, Tesla has that new one, right? The P90D, right? Maybe I'll do a red one of those."

AAUUUGHGGHGHGHGGH! Here I was the big guy and she's going to have bigger better faster? Incredible!

Honestly, pretty awesome if that's what she chooses but FFS I wanted to be the fastest one in the family for a while :/
No, she should go for the Jaguar F-Type project 7. Oh bummer they are sold out.

RDoc

S85D
Aug 24, 2012
Boston North Shore

Yeah, my wife does stuff like that to me too. You just have to man up.

No2DinosaurFuel

Apr 16, 2015
San Diego, California
If I were her and could have anything I wanted, I would've gone for the Mclarean P1. It's a faster car and is a hybrid which can be better for those who are still attached to the oil. Sounds like your wife is still a bit because she was considering an audi or panamera. Obviously the Porsche 918 would have been a better option, but I hear they are sold out.

EDIT: I guess they are both sold out. If that is the case, I would get a use 918 spyder over a used Mclarean P1.

Last edited:

FlasherZ

Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv
Jun 21, 2012
I keep telling my wife that the Model X we get (likely going to be her driving most of the time) only needs to be a 90D and not performance. She protests, saying that I just don't want her to have the quickest car.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC