Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Long awaited Seattle Supercharger is in permitting stage now!

Record number 6685741-EL

601 Union Street - 2 Union Square underground parking

10 Stalls Urban Superchargers
5 Tesla Destination Chargers
5 Clipper Creek

Pay parking at $6 first half hour. or $9 first hour. I think this will discourage local freeloaders but great for travelers needing to have a quick charge.

If interested the entire site plan is available for viewing at Seattle.gov

2.JPG

upload_2019-1-3_20-12-56.png

upload_2019-1-3_20-14-20.png

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    741.1 KB · Views: 288
Nice find @geoc. Where did you see that these will be 72kw Urban chargers? They most likely will be but didn’t see anything specific mentioned.

also if someone has the time to swing by and check out this spot, they may very well be in construction (Ex. Leavenworth)

Nice find @geoc. Where did you see that these will be 72kw Urban chargers? They most likely will be but didn’t see anything specific mentioned.

also if someone has the time to swing by and check out this spot, they may very well be in construction (Ex. Leavenworth)

I don't know for sure. I am assuming the Urban cabinets are almost ALWAYS the urban type. (There are exceptions)

I am pretty sure the actual site plan has it specified 72 or shared 145kW. But here is one of the page:

3.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Ah completely missed that link. Those are definitely urban. Thanks

PS: those plans are extremely detailed. Lots of interesting bits and pieces.

At this point, I think a lot of the technical detail is cut and paste, and then they have the site-specific variation. Which is good of course.
I look forward to this opening so there'll be less woe from Seattleite Tesla owners. :p

Correct me if I am wrong, but the fact that this is a paid parking lot (and expensive!), that adding $9 to the cost of a SC session would likely make this one of the first SC to avoid?
Can’t have it both ways. If someone is in the DT core its either fight traffic to the clogged chargers in Issaquah/Lynnwood or this, the convenience is worth it IMO. Also parking in DT is rarely free. Compared to NYC this is a steal :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but the fact that this is a paid parking lot (and expensive!), that adding $9 to the cost of a SC session would likely make this one of the first SC to avoid?
There are several other Supercharger locations in parking garages that require payment. Occasionally they are in a manned lot and during working hours they will waive or reduce the fee.

I agree, this is of questionable strategic value as a location type. It is n urban charger, targeted to urban dwellers with no home charging. Now they have to pay $9 plus SC fees? Not very economically sound, nor very convenient.

$7 is pretty good for nights and weekends in Seattle. We sometimes pay more.
But how practical is it? You would park and sit for an 30-45 minutes, then move and re-park your car in the garage and go where you were intending to go? Or plug in and come back in 45 minutes and move your car, then go back to whatever event you are attending? If you are only there to charge and leave, the $7 isn't that much different from $9.

But how practical is it? You would park and sit for an 30-45 minutes, then move and re-park your car in the garage and go where you were intending to go? Or plug in and come back in 45 minutes and move your car, then go back to whatever event you are attending? If you are only there to charge and leave, the $7 isn't that much different from $9.

If you are staying overnight (or event) you could use the destination charger listed instead of the supercharger.

I actually like the location for easy access on and off the freeway if you are going to the waterfront or even circling the block to head on up to Capitol Hill, but agree wholeheartedly that not picking a 24 hour garage is silly. Or picking a garage that doesn’t offer some waiver (or steep reduction) of the parking fee when charging. Is that possible?

God forbid you enter the garage and have to wait to supercharge. Insult to injury! :)

I, for one, believe that Tesla has to start somewhere regarding Seattle (not Seattle AREA, but downtown Seattle proper). Although I have no proof, I'm guessing that Tesla has had a hard time getting cooperation from business owners, and that is why it has taken so long to even get a single Supercharger in Seattle. At least it is something.
Yup. Not many property owners will give up a dozen spaces in a busy DT area