Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2019-04-12.jpg
Cabinets will be going here. Up one level will be the charging pedestals.

Attachments

• 2019-04-12.jpg
    2019-04-12.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 164
What does that mean, a contractor asking for guidance?

I walked through several floors of the garage on Thursday, but did not see any sign of construction. That being said, it is a VERY large garage, and I did not even cover half of it by foot. The most obvious areas by the entrances did not have any signs of construction, so unless it is buried several floors away there's nothing going on there yet.

Unrelated, I don't want to bump the Bellevue thread but I walked the Bellevue garage about a week ago and saw nothing there either. I might be able to stop by Auburn tomorrow to check it out.

• Informative
Reactions: im.thatoneguy
What does that mean, a contractor asking for guidance?

4/29/19 JBC 1.Call contact listed which was main office who transferred me to someone that went to voice mail, left message to reschedule and to leave site contact phone number on the inspection request.
4/30/19 JBC 1.Contractor not on site, left site at 1pm, at next inspection request contactor can list work hours and call office between 7 and 8am for a two hour window.

(5/1/2019 12:09 PM)

Consultation only. EC asked if I could ok side feeding 1200 amp I-line panel. I can only speculate on the panel layout at this time. Without a cut sheet, I can't say ok. Provide a cut sheet and make sure bending radius of 500 AL wire is within NEC requirements.​

So they requested an inspection but sounds like they wanted guidance on whether it would pass final inspection.

It noted in the plan review approval that there would need to be an inspection once equipment was on site but before construction. I'm hoping this consultation means the equipment is starting to be delivered.

• Informative
Reactions: Araman0
From here we're looking at a minimum of a couple months, and a more realistic expectation of 6 months for this site.

Sorry. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Thanks for the info. Was hoping that, once started, the actual work would be quick but I guess not.

Just trying to prepare for my trip from Portland to Seattle in the event that I can't sufficiently charge at the hotel I'm staying at since I'll need to get to the Centralia SuC on the way home. The Issaquah and Lynnwood SuC's are a bit out of the way (travelling with small kids) but may need to make the drive to one of those, if need be.

Thanks for the info. Was hoping that, once started, the actual work would be quick but I guess not.

Just trying to prepare for my trip from Portland to Seattle in the event that I can't sufficiently charge at the hotel I'm staying at since I'll need to get to the Centralia SuC on the way home. The Issaquah and Lynnwood SuC's are a bit out of the way (travelling with small kids) but may need to make the drive to one of those, if need be.
Are you stopping in Seattle or are you doing a one day trip? I’d say find a hotel with an EV charger or if you’ve already booked a room in a hotel without one, find a charger in some garage or mall nearby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you stopping in Seattle or are you doing a one way trip? I’d say find a hotel with an EV charger or if you’ve already booked a room in a hotel without one, find a charger in some garage or mall nearby.

Seattle is my destination. I did book a hotel with chargers but EVs are getting more and more prevalent these days so my worry is that the chargers will be taken up all night. If I'm able to charge, I plan to place a sheet of paper on my windshield with my phone number so I can be contacted if someone else needs to know when I'm done charging, but I doubt many others would do the same.

Reactions: Araman0

I just assume all EV drivers already know about it, but in case you don't, www.plugshare.com can help you find the available charging options in pretty much any area (of the US/Canada at least). Just be sure to set the filters to be appropriate to the charging connections your car and charging gear can support. And check out the rules/requirements for any specific location you're interested in using.

Seattle is my destination. I did book a hotel with chargers but EVs are getting more and more prevalent these days so my worry is that the chargers will be taken up all night. If I'm able to charge, I plan to place a sheet of paper on my windshield with my phone number so I can be contacted if someone else needs to know when I'm done charging, but I doubt many others would do the same.
Call the hotel whenever and tell them you’ll need to charge the day you’re there, they could cone one charger off so that the spot is “reserved”. If it’s a valet park, tell them to charge your car and hold your breath if they do

Discussion is getting a bit off topic but I am aware of Plugshare and using it to help plan the trip. Around town driving isn't a worry with occasional L2 charging here and there. Just need to make sure I have enough charge to make the 90 mile drive to Centralia when the trip is over and prefer not to rely on L2 charging speed if I need, let's say, 60 addtl miles of charge. :)