Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10 supercharger pedestals installed on level B. Plus at least 9 hpwc’s on C. I could be missing something, but they all look just about finished.

For those not familiar with downtown, this garage is a 5 minute walk from Pacific Place Mall which has a food court, shops, and theater. The garage costs (I believe) $7 flat rate on weekends and evenings. It’s right off the highway for easy access.

Superchargers:

Attachments

• A8346626-AFA2-4982-8727-B766EA28A800.jpeg
    A8346626-AFA2-4982-8727-B766EA28A800.jpeg
    553.7 KB · Views: 155
  • EFB9EF45-E21C-412F-99A2-74126856D388.jpeg
    EFB9EF45-E21C-412F-99A2-74126856D388.jpeg
    464.6 KB · Views: 127
Can you check out the connectors on both sides? If I remember correctly, the permit said 5 Tesla + 5 J1772, and for a while now, Tesla has been making their own J1772 chargers in addition to their HPWCs

Just as an aside, I regularly eat around here and the only restaurant I've found that will validate for this garage is Cortina (the ex Sullivan's). I last used them to validate for a car in that garage 3 or 4 months ago, but call and check if you plan to use it. Unfortunately 2 Union is mostly office space or fast food restaurants (e.g. MOD) catering to the workers. Cortina has excellent food though for those passing through! :)

Just as an aside, I regularly eat around here and the only restaurant I've found that will validate for this garage is Cortina (the ex Sullivan's). I last used them to validate for a car in that garage 3 or 4 months ago, but call and check if you plan to use it. Unfortunately 2 Union is mostly office space or fast food restaurants (e.g. MOD) catering to the workers. Cortina has excellent food though for those passing through! :)
I haven't been yet, but if it's anything like the other restaurants under the same ownership, Cortina should be delicious.

It’s definitely gated. Here is the rate info

Prices
Mon-Thu 6:00am - 12:00am
Fri 6:00am - 1:00am
Sat 8:00am - 1:00am
Sun 10:00am - 12:00am
30 Mins$6.00
1 Hour$10.00
2 Hours$13.00
3 Hours$16.00
4 Hours$20.00
7 Hours$25.00
10 Hours$28.00
12 Hours$32.00
24 Hours$35.00
Evening$7.00
(Mon-Fri In after 5pm Out by 12am)
Flat Rate$7.00
(Sat In after 8am Out by 1am)
(Sun In after 10am Out by 12am)
Flat Rate$8.00
(In after 11:30am Out by 1:30pm)

Opening Times
Mon-Thu6:00am - 12:00am
Fri6:00am - 1:00am
Sat8:00am - 1:00am
Sun10:00am - 12:00am
Payment Options
Pay On Foot
Cards

Last edited:
So is it just me or is anyone else irritated with this parking lot “fee”?

I know that 95% of downtown charges for parking but those of us that need to grab a quick 20 minutes will have to pay $6. will this SC become the least used in the area now?

The monthly parking is $355. That's a little higher for Seattle, but most places wouldn't have free charging (if you have free tesla charging), or available supercharging. |LAZ Parking.

I guess there must be other superchargers that are pay only lots. I think because people insist on squatting on supercharging spots that you can't have free supercharging in big cities, because people would be sitting there all the time, squatting; perhaps the $1 / minute charge could get people moving.

Reactions: Rocky_H

I know that 95% of downtown charges for parking but those of us that need to grab a quick 20 minutes will have to pay $6. will this SC become the least used in the area now?
There have been pay superchargers dating back to 2016 (Birmingham, AL was the first one). I believe when they made the announcement about urban superchargers (late 2017 I think), they mentioned the possibility of pay parking. It's just a fact of life in dense urban areas.

If you are arguing that you'd rather see the superchargers in places like Northgate and South Center as opposed to downtown, then I agree with you and I already posted about that up thread. Hopefully some day soon we can have both.

To play devil's advocate, paying is no fun, but unlike Issaquah, at least you'll be relatively certain of getting a charging spot here if you need it. I don't have much sympathy for local supercharger users (This is a different topic but I have no problem with apartment dwellers using superchargers, but I also think they need to be flexible with their timing), but this will be a good option for people visiting Seattle, even if it is just a back up "emergency" option.

Ya. I was thinking the specific location is kinda crazy. I live close to issaquah and have only used the super charger there once to confirm it would work after I got my car and other than that it’s been full every time I’ve grocery shopped. Most of the people have free supercharging and just camp out there. (And yes abject topic) while I’m all for having a charger in Seattle this specific location is crazy on top of having to pay a fee. I was thinking over by the actual SC would have been great to drop a fee. Easy on off freeway. But otherwise I’d rather have seen it closer to tukwilla I think.

When the 2nd SC in San Diego was finished (similar situation), people seemed to use it sparingly, while the Qualcomm SC continued to be full all the time. I would expect the same thing here. However, nobody in their right mind would drive all the way from downtown Seattle to Issaquah just to avoid the parking fees. What is that, like two hours during “rush” hour?:eek::eek::eek: Edit: I’d definitely pay and charge here if I needed to and was in downtown, but my route from eastern WA almost always takes me by Issaquah (though I’d use Snoqualmie or North Bend if/when it gets built).