Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The valet in charge called someone who had to be paged. When that person responded, the valet was told that the Superchargers were not to be used pending a decision at some higher level.

Just who’s in charge at that location? Can we get a name in case this happens again?

It’s good to know about the level 2 chargers further down in the garage.
I called the "Garage Office" 206-447-5664. I got there at about 6:50 AM this morning and the Valet allowed me to park the car at the charger, but asked for my key when I walked away from the car.
Cellular must not work down there as I can't get a status update via the App from the car now.

Another frustration I have with this garage is that it has no "early bird" rates. So if you want to occasionally drive your Tesla into town and park during the workday (the Valiet will move it after it is charged) you will pay somewhere around $27 for the entire work day. Most "early bird" in Seattle is around $18 range.

Last edited:
I called the "Garage Office" 206-447-5664. I got there at about 6:50 AM this morning and the Valet allowed me to park the car at the charger, but asked for my key when I walked away from the car.
Cellular must not work down there as I can't get a status update via the App from the car now.

Another frustration I have with this garage is that it has no "early bird" rates. So if you want to occasionally drive your Tesla into town and park during the workday (the Valiet will move it after it is charged) you will pay somewhere around $27 for the entire work day. Most "early bird" in Seattle is around $18 range.

It’s nice that the valet will move the car when it’s finished charging so you don’t have to interrupt your day to move it yourself.

Reactions: im.thatoneguy
As to paid parking, considering my alternative is driving an hour to Issaquah and back or leaving my car for 10 hours somewhere and walking home... this charger is gold.

Suburbanites have plenty of charging options. This is for people on cap hill and slu and Belltown without home or office charging.

The next best option is pacific place and at its cheapest it's $10 for parking and $2 for charge. The only downside to this location is the inability to have summon move the car when charging is done.

I was up at whistler and that's a paid lot too but it was pretty full. There is definitely a need.
if you are in SLU, several (not all) of the Amazon buildings such as Day 1 and Doppler have free parking and free level 2 charging on nights and weekends.

my first Supercharger experience, not bad!

sOy0ZP96Q1etsEpjyBSSXw.jpg iE7zIG83TT6VYF0q4sl16w.jpg

I charged here around 11pm last night. I realize most people won't be using it at that hour, but it was a very easy in and out at that time and there is definitely some type of grace period because I was there about 10 minutes and had no charge, just exited with the ticket and it said "HAVE A NICE DAY!" If you wanted to be a super nit, you could do this over and over again to avoid a parking fee, but you will eventually ruin this for everyone as happened at the supercharger in downtown San Diego :)

I charged here around 11pm last night. I realize most people won't be using it at that hour, but it was a very easy in and out at that time and there is definitely some type of grace period because I was there about 10 minutes and had no charge, just exited with the ticket and it said "HAVE A NICE DAY!" If you wanted to be a super nit, you could do this over and over again to avoid a parking fee, but you will eventually ruin this for everyone as happened at the supercharger in downtown San Diego :)
Most downtown garages have a grace period of 5 to 15 minutes - they just don't advertise it.

I was in there last night too. It took me an age to find the superchargers, and that's with having seen them before under construction. I managed to end up finding the hpwc's first, and then remembered the superchargers were directly above them. The trip upstairs was not intuitive as the ramp I took sent me from C to A. For an out-of-town visitor this will be very frustrating until signage goes up.

Once I finally found them there were 4 other cars charging at the superchargers (and a fifth one was charging downstairs at a hpwc.)

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I confirmed with the garage manager that the grace period is 15 minutes, but not one second more.
Hours Rate
0 – ½ $6.00
½ – 1 $10.00
1 – 2 $13.00
2 – 3 $16.00
3 – 4 $20.00
4 – 7 $25.00
7 – 10 $28.00
10 – 12 $32.00
12 – 24 $35.00
Lunch Special
In after 11:30 am - Out by 1:30 pm $8.00
Evenings after 5:00 pm to closing $7.00
Weekends (during garage hours only) $7.00

Looks like it's open pretty late too which is good for weekend nights downtown.
Mon-Thu 6:00am - 12:00am
Fri 6:00am - 1:00am
Sat 8:00am - 1:00am
Sun 10:00am - 12:00am
Superchargers that are not 24 hours are pretty rare. I wonder what happens if you stay too late. I assume you can't get in if you come during the off hours.

I once supercharged during the wee hours in a similar garage in Toronto and had to pay some absurd overnight parking fee (~30CAD), but it at least was possible to use the supercharger.

Superchargers that are not 24 hours are pretty rare. I wonder what happens if you stay too late. I assume you can't get in if you come during the off hours.

I once supercharged during the wee hours in a similar garage in Toronto and had to pay some absurd overnight parking fee (~30CAD), but it at least was possible to use the supercharger.
$35 release fee

I just edited the location on Supercharge.Info, which now shows this as a “limited hours” location. I copied the hours that @im.thatoneguy posted (#173)