Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

URGENT : Seats error // Need to choose

What do you prefer ?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't think is hard, but we are in Europe, so no spare parts for now...
So they don't have the seats ready! Better for me, I prefer the new ones (will confirm after delivery) and also get something! So at the end, a good mistake.

I have always had European or Japanese cars in America so I know your situation. If Tesla is short on parts in Europe then perhaps you can get an extra mobile charger ($600) or some extra power adapters ($50-$100 each) or premium carpet, Tesla jacket, or anything else that they keep more in stock.

Congrats on the car. You will love it.

They made a mistake on the seats ! While I ordered a Model S Signature Performance with Performance Interior including Nappa leather seats with Red piping and Alcantara bolsters, they installed in my car the Perforated Nappa leather seats (exclusive to the Signature non performance models).

So what do you think? Prefer?
If I was in your shoes I would be weighing the following:
1. What I ordered.
2. "Proper" original Signature Performance vehicle.
3. Unicorn.
4. What feels best.
5. What looks best.
6. New from factory, without retrofits/rebuilds.

As a collector (especially for Signature), #3 and #2 are sometimes difficult to weigh. Also #6.
As a buyer and TSLA investor, I'm concerned with them not delivering on #1 and #6 is troubling.
As a driver, #4 and #5 matter most to me; and #6.

If the option is "I want a new vehicle made the way I ordered it" is on the table, I'd probably go that route. Without that option, it would be difficult for me to choose between living with breaking #6 vs. breaking #1 and #2.

Hans,

I'm looking for something better, service plan!

I'm sure I will LOVE IT! That will change my Audi S5...

- - - Updated - - -

If the option is "I want a new vehicle made the way I ordered it" is on the table, I'd probably go that route.

I think to avoid all this I will keep the car as it is and ask for a commercial offer...
That will be easier. Btw, as said I prefer without the "red piping", so even better at the end!

And you, what to you prefer (looking at the pictures and thinking that my car is pearl white) ?

And you, what to you prefer (looking at the pictures and thinking that my car is pearl white)
I'll probably get some hate for this but if you're getting a Signature in Pearl White, then some of #2 goes to the wayside. I'm not saying white isn't a proper Signature, but (IMO) some of the collector value is related to the Red paint.

If you dislike the red piping anyway, and arguably it might look 'off' with the white exterior, then move forward as is IMO. Heck, you might find a unicorn buyer that agrees with you when/if you decide to sell at some point.

I'll probably get some hate for this but if you're getting a Signature in Pearl White, then some of #2 goes to the wayside. I'm not saying white isn't a proper Signature, but (IMO) some of the collector value is related to the Red paint.

Anyway, I almost didn't take the "advantages" of the signature related things as for me :

- Signature Red is horrible (sorry, the only red I like is the Ferrari/Ducati one)
- White interior is bullshit since it's gone be dirty within 5 minutes driving

Out of that, I still have a signature :cool:

If you dislike the red piping anyway, and arguably it might look 'off' with the white exterior, then move forward as is IMO. Heck, you might find a unicorn buyer that agrees with you when/if you decide to sell at some point.

People here seems to prefer without the red piping... and in Europe it look like old sport cars, so not a big issue for selling it!