Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

URGENT situation with charging on Martha's Vineyard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in Martha's Vineyard with my model 3, I brought my charger, except I forgot to swap out the 14-50 plug with the 5-15 one so that I can charge with a regular outlet at the house I'm renting. "Overnight" shipping here will take 5 days.

Is there anybody on-island who has a spare 5-15 adater for the Tesla charger that I could borrow for the week? Or leads on where to get one? Tesla in Dedham was not helpful and a local electric supply place said they have nothing for me.

Do you have your J1772 adapter? There are several public J1772 stations on the island; check plugshare.

There is a campground with 14-50 RV outlets, and a hotel on the east side with a wall connector, but those may cost you.

Is this the adaptor you're looking for? I'm on the Vineyard but on Chappaquiddick which isn't exactly central. There are a few public chargers around the island (mostly J1772) that I've used successfully that might also be an option.

If borrowing the adaptor seems like the best option, PM me a phone number or email and I'll get back to you (but probably not until tomorrow).

Plug 1.jpgPlug 2.jpg

Reactions: EdA
I do have my adapter that I use when charging with chargepoint, etc. certainly if it comes to it, i can charge there or some other public charging place.
You should be fine. An hour at one of the public J1772's will be good for a few laps around the island. Another hour will give you plenty of range to get from the ferry terminals in either Hyannis or Falmouth to the Hyannis and Mashpee superchargers.

If you don't already have it, download the plugshare app (or use plugshare.com) to find all the chargers on the island. The one at the West Tisbury town hall is definitely free (from looking at the pictures), so you won't need to worry about having an account to use it.

Enjoy your trip. I haven't been to the Vineyard in at least 10 years, maybe 15. Fun place.