Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Urgent] Spontaneous Suspension Failure + Lack Of Tesla Support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any experience with Tesla repairs? We were driving on the freeway when our model S suddenly started swerving after an initial loud sound. There's nothing on the road, and we had to drive the vehicle off the freeway without hitting other vehicles. Luckily, no one got hurt, but we rolled off the side of the freeway onto an exit ramp. The local repair shop that highway patrol tolled to informed us that this is a suspension failure. We were driving at around 60mph when this happened. We contacted Tesla support, who said they will take a look at the issue, but they are still trying to evade talking to us about the exact issue after a month with no updates. They informed us they have "escalated" the issue over a week ago, but no updates at all. Could we get some suggestions on what we should do from fellow Tesla owners? I am completely lost at this point.

The wheel seems to have caved in:
01.jpg

05.jpg

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Informative
Reactions: xborg
They also sent us this form asking us to sign it.
So let me understand.

Your car is in Tesla Service Center-Fremont.

And the hold up is: Who pays for the repair?
Yes. That's the thing right. The car suddenly lost control, and the wheel caved in. The insurance informed us that we are not responsible since it seems to be a manufacturer problem, and others recommended us to contact Tesla and see if we can get something worked out. But every time we call, they get edgy and keep saying they are "investigating". At the same time, they sent us an email with an insurance form. The fine prints says: "
I am responsible for all repair charges incurred, including any insurance company deductible payments,
betterments, and any costs associated with collection of unpaid amounts. I further acknowledge that I am
responsible for full payment if anyone making payments on my behalf fail to make such payments". So we haven't signed it yet.

• Love
Reactions: Tombhs
How many times have you had the car in for service previously?

Less than 20K miles driven in almost 3 years? Do you not like driving the car?

I just had half shafts replaced at 19K miles after 5 months - the symptom was a shudder upon acceleration.

Why isn't yours a simple repair (for whatever occurred) under the 4-year, 50,0000 mile warranty?

How many times have you had the car in for service previously?

Less than 20K miles driven in almost 3 years? Do you not like driving the car?

I just had half shafts replaced at 19K miles after 5 months - the symptom was a shudder upon acceleration.

Why isn't yours a simple repair (for whatever occurred) under the 4-year, 50,0000 mile warranty?
We mainly use it to commute to work. Only drove it long distance a couple times. Tesla is trying to redirect responsibility, and kept stalling. So I don't really know what to do.