Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Urgh...my new car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I just took delivery of a new M3/LR/FSD. I like this car, preferred over the Hyundai kona electric. The order/delivery process started out exciting, and got so bad that I came so close to killimg the deal. Wife ran interference and here it is.... I've come to the conclusion after all this that tesla Nevada folks are horrible at communications and service....all too long and aggravating to recount (makes me want to cuss). I will say this, I knew the limitations of state laws, and my experience had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The car drives awesome...the acceleration is like a six flags ride...love it. Quality wise....urgh, I don't think this car is even on par with my old Hyundai accent.... The metal connections, folds, and welds are absolutely the worst I've ever seen. The interior looks nice on first impression, but I have my doubts that pleather will hold up.

I love the centralized point of control -despite what some think as a single point of failure. The minimalism is also very attractive.

I can't wait to utilize the fsd..I love tech...sometime to my own detriment.

Would I recommend this car? Heck no! No way...this car has such a weird split personality, that most folks I know will not want to deal with...drives awesome, but quality and service are the pits.

Attachments

• IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0112.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 77
Hi all, I just took delivery of a new M3/LR/FSD. I like this car, preferred over the Hyundai kona electric. The order/delivery process started out exciting, and got so bad that I came so close to killimg the deal. Wife ran interference and here it is.... I've come to the conclusion after all this that tesla Nevada folks are horrible at communications and service....all too long and aggravating to recount (makes me want to cuss). I will say this, I knew the limitations of state laws, and my experience had absolutely nothing to do with it.

The car drives awesome...the acceleration is like a six flags ride...love it. Quality wise....urgh, I don't think this car is even on par with my old Hyundai accent.... The metal connections, folds, and welds are absolutely the worst I've ever seen. The interior looks nice on first impression, but I have my doubts that pleather will hold up.

I love the centralized point of control -despite what some think as a single point of failure. The minimalism is also very attractive.

Would I recommend this car? Heck no! No way...this car has such a weird split personality, that most folks I know will not want to deal with...drives awesome, but quality and service are the pits.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but every single person I have let into my car left wanting to buy a Tesla. Every single person.

You should also stay away from assumptions like "I have my doubts that pleather will hold up." Why not ask the people who have been driving them for years. It hold up amazing and cleans better than any other seat material I have had.

The comments about build quality are confusing "You are really inspecting 'folds' and 'welds'"? and that is how you define car quality? Even with all the terrible articles out there about Tesla. This is a new one to me. Have never heard of.

I have to assume weak welds would affect crash tests. But yet Tesla does amazing. The welds really cant be bad...

Two things. 1) I guess you could return it right? If you would never recommend the car to anyone? 2) i see you have the AWD, which means you can spend 2k and get the performance boost. If you like the speed now, you will be very happy with that 2k purchase.

Give it some time and give yourself some distance from all the expert opinions. Take plenty of relaxing drives to nowhere in particular. Buying a Tesla is like childbirth (I imagine).... the delivery can be excruciating, but you soon put it behind you. Doesn’t mean it will never disappoint you. But you love it anyway.

You know I felt this way as well when I first got my car in March. I was really disappointed that I had to have a few bits pieces fixed - that should really not happen on a car of that value. But over time ( I know have 3K miles on the clock) I have come to appreciate the good things about the M3. It is lovely to drive, it does the range it says, it looks good, the functionality improves (slowly) with upgrades. I have not had to call out the SC since the first couple of weeks. You will learn to forgive Tesla for putitng all the effort into the drive and batteries and leaving a little to be desired on the finish.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but every single person I have let into my car left wanting to buy a Tesla. Every single person.

You should also stay away from assumptions like "I have my doubts that pleather will hold up." Why not ask the people who have been driving them for years. It hold up amazing and cleans better than any other seat material I have had.

The comments about build quality are confusing "You are really inspecting 'folds' and 'welds'"? and that is how you define car quality? Even with all the terrible articles out there about Tesla. This is a new one to me. Have never heard of.

I have to assume weak welds would affect crash tests. But yet Tesla does amazing. The welds really cant be bad...
yeah the metal work quality is new to me too.

Two things. 1) I guess you could return it right? If you would never recommend the car to anyone? 2) i see you have the AWD, which means you can spend 2k and get the performance boost. If you like the speed now, you will be very happy with that 2k purchase.
Yes, I could still return it, but with it's flaws..I think I can compensate and watch out for those troubling areas.

Give it some time and give yourself some distance from all the expert opinions. Take plenty of relaxing drives to nowhere in particular. Buying a Tesla is like childbirth (I imagine).... the delivery can be excruciating, but you soon put it behind you. Doesn’t mean it will never disappoint you. But you love it anyway.
oh...stepping on dangerous territory there my friend...;-)

• Funny
Reactions: JATinNH
You know I felt this way as well when I first got my car in March. I was really disappointed that I had to have a few bits pieces fixed - that should really not happen on a car of that value. But over time ( I know have 3K miles on the clock) I have come to appreciate the good things about the M3. It is lovely to drive, it does the range it says, it looks good, the functionality improves (slowly) with upgrades. I have not had to call out the SC since the first couple of weeks. You will learn to forgive Tesla for putitng all the effort into the drive and batteries and leaving a little to be desired on the finish.
Oh you're absolutely correct.. however my car had almost nothing what others have said...panel alignment problems, scratches, etc. The car drives awesome...the tech is incredible... just sharing some initial impressions and oddities about this car.

I don't like the seats either. I assume they will hold up. I just don't think they look and feel like high quality leather or even high end fake leather. They should be cooled also.

I had no problems purchasing the car in NY. I just clicked buttons on my computer and picked it up 14 days later.

I don't like the seats either. I assume they will hold up. I just don't think they look and feel like high quality leather or even high end fake leather. They should be cooled also.

I had no problems purchasing the car in NY. I just clicked buttons on my computer and picked it up 14 days later.
you said bro...these seats need to be cooled...people think I'm sweating because of white knuckle driving....nope I drive chill.... ...if only I can find my son's diapers.

The black pleather in my 3 holds up far better than any real leather I’ve had. 2 years and 35k miles and it still looks almost new.

Reactions: Joshan