Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US 93 in Nevada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently drove from Las Vegas to Twin Falls, ID. If there had been a Supercharger in Ely, NV; I could have taken the shortest route directly into Twin Falls via US 93. I have a new Long Range+ Model S; so, I was able to go north on US 95 through Tonopah and north to Elko, NV from there. It was 270 mi from Tonopah to Elko, and I could not have done that route in my previous P85+. I returned via I-84 to Salt Lake City. This was 5 mi closer than my route into Twin Falls.

If I could have driven north my trip would have been 494 mi rather than 650+ mi. Ely is a necessary location for a Supercharger.

Reactions: Matsayz
I had looked for a CHAdeMO in Ely before the trip and didn't see one. I just checked again and didn't see one. Thanks for the idea.
Check to be sure your plugshare filters aren't blocking existing sites as there's definitely a CCS/CHAdeMO station in Ely: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

It was installed relatively recently via the Nevada Governor's Office of Energy, a part of the Electric Highway program. However, the only check-in listed, from April 2020, is by a Model 3 owner who said that they couldn't get it working even with customer support. So, it may be a station that doesn't love the Tesla CHAdeMO adapter. Or maybe that owner's adapter wasn't working quite right.

Reactions: Rocky_H and gnelson
@mociaf9 Thanks for the tip to check my filters. I found it. A Supercharger would be nice, however. When I lived in Houston I used to borrow CHAdeMO adapeters. With more Superchargers and not too many CHAdeMO chargers I never got around to buying one. I suspect I can borrow or rent one in Las Vegas.

Looks like you will be getting your wish in Ely!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9