Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US and European side mirrors compatibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if the side mirrors are compatible between the US market ones and European market ones? I can get the OEM European convex mirrors but I just wanted to make sure the wirings for heating and dimming mirrors are the same. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Watts_Up
Thanks for the info! Is there a point of getting the right side mirror since it's the same without the "warning"? It'll save me money. :)

I got it just for kicks, bragging rights, and to make it just it a tiny little bit cleaner.
I definitely could have spent the $90 better elsewhere, maybe on half a share of TSLA back then. There is no practical point at all. Someone said it might be illegal too. :rolleyes:

Reactions: XLR82XS
I finally got around to install the mirror. I only got the driver's side one since the letters on the passenger side don't bother me.. Here are before and after pix.. I do have an extra European driver's side mirror that I might sell...

25E5FA0C-BCF2-4DB0-9748-B963CC021764.jpeg
FA139395-C41D-420D-A1E2-B609ED854DE7.jpeg

Take one for the Team, grab all three and compare away!

Most owners on either side of the three big ponds will happily live with whatever the factory installed in blissful ignorance.

Some in the Americas might venture to pickup other market OE replacements for that OE look/feel and auto-dimming.
While others still opt for the clear or tinted aftermarket sets, because whatever their reasons.