Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Bank end of Lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys buy new tires before returning the car?
Not sure if my tires will pass?
Anyone know how much they charge for 19" tires?
I listen to the podcast called "Plug Your Ride." The host, Eddie Haskell, just turned in his leased Model S last week and it needed tires (among other things). He told us what he was charged for tires, and although I forget the exact price, i recall that it was quite reasonable, lower than he could have bought them for. So he said he was glad he had not bought any.

Reactions: aus and bhzmark
I listen to the podcast called "Plug Your Ride." The host, Eddie Haskell, just turned in his leased Model S last week and it needed tires (among other things). He told us what he was charged for tires, and although I forget the exact price, i recall that it was quite reasonable, lower than he could have bought them for. So he said he was glad he had not bought any.
I just bought one today! I guess I'd better buy my car. I also made an extra lease payment to extend it.

The charges that they apply for door dings, even bigger dents, wear and tear and tires curb rash etc. are all quite reasonable. Probably never worth the time and money to fix anything yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Thanks David29. Just the kind of info I'm looking for. Car goes back next weekend.

Most banks/leasing companies don't even bother with door dings. US Bank seems to be pretty strict with these things since some have been dinged with curb rash too.

Update... Here's what I have learned through this process that I will share with the community now with more later as I navigate the endless bureaucracy that is Tesla... DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING TESLA TELLS YOU!!!!

If you're being asked to turn in your lease early and you cannot get it inspected by AutoVIN (US Bank leases only) PRIOR to turn in, DON'T DO IT.... Tesla will absolutely leave you hanging out to dry. Do NOT turn in until your car has been inspected. I cannot stress this enough. Tesla will NOT stand by you at all.

Yes, right now I'm very angry and as usual with Tesla, I can't even get a reply to a single email anymore...

Jeff

• Informative
Reactions: Ormond and David29
Update... Here's what I have learned through this process that I will share with the community now with more later as I navigate the endless bureaucracy that is Tesla... DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING TESLA TELLS YOU!!!!

If you're being asked to turn in your lease early and you cannot get it inspected by AutoVIN (US Bank leases only) PRIOR to turn in, DON'T DO IT.... Tesla will absolutely leave you hanging out to dry. Do NOT turn in until your car has been inspected. I cannot stress this enough. Tesla will NOT stand by you at all.

Yes, right now I'm very angry and as usual with Tesla, I can't even get a reply to a single email anymore...

Jeff

Sorry to hear it! My lease turn-in process was smooth and uneventful. I ended up getting only owing $125, despite having 2 wheels with curb rash and one paint chip on the hood.

But, that does sound typical of Tesla. There are so many new people and so much turnover that no one knows what is going on and they are really bad a communication...

So... Just got off of the phone with a "supervisor" in loyalty (no I won't mention names) and I'm SOL... Tesla is leaving me hanging out to dry... I was lied to and this is how I'm being treated. I cannot express how angry and disappointed I am with Tesla right now and I made it clear, although it clearly didn't matter, that this would have a serious impact on my decision to replace our Volt with a Model 3.

I cannot stress this enough.... DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING AN EMPLOYEE OF TESLA TELLS YOU. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. I know that last part sounds so naive but I guess I trusted Tesla to do the right thing... In the end their still the same as any other corporation... F the customers...

I will no longer recommend Tesla to any of my friends and family. At least not for a long damn time...

Jeff

So... Just got off of the phone with a "supervisor" in loyalty (no I won't mention names) and I'm SOL... Tesla is leaving me hanging out to dry... I was lied to and this is how I'm being treated. I cannot express how angry and disappointed I am with Tesla right now and I made it clear, although it clearly didn't matter, that this would have a serious impact on my decision to replace our Volt with a Model 3.

I cannot stress this enough.... DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING AN EMPLOYEE OF TESLA TELLS YOU. GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING. I know that last part sounds so naive but I guess I trusted Tesla to do the right thing... In the end their still the same as any other corporation... F the customers...

I will no longer recommend Tesla to any of my friends and family. At least not for a long damn time...

Jeff

So, what happened? You returned the car early and ??

Got my final bill.

Just the termination fee plus tax.

Car had some minor curb rash and chips.

128337 if anyone is looking for a nice p90d. Sort of regret not keeping it, but in the end the residual just wasn't reasonable.

Tough call at 71000, versus 64000 for p3d. I do like the p90d better overall, but with the latest updates autopilot 2.5 really is better than AP1.

Yeah, that's why I ended up with the P3D. $69k - $7500 tax credit put it ahead of the P90D for $71k. No delivery charge on the P90D was a bonus, but still. I was potentially interested if the price dropped to $69k, but someone bought mine at $71,300.

The power seems pretty similar, although I think the P90D had more power 0-30 mph. Above 30 mph they feel about the same.

Handling is nice on the P3D.

The lack of a power trunk is absurd for a $69k car, although I imagine it was hard to find a power lift cylinder small enough to fit.

The power seems pretty similar, although I think the P90D had more power 0-30 mph. Above 30 mph they feel about the same.

Handling is nice on the P3D.

The lack of a power trunk is absurd for a $69k car, although I imagine it was hard to find a power lift cylinder small enough to fit.

Agree 100%. I also think at this price it should have had a heated steering wheel and much better noise characteristics.

Jeff
I took your advice and insisted on getting my AutoVin inspection before I return my Tesla.

Reactions: jeffro01
I did and I have been. But then I go back to forums and keep reading how financially wrong it is to buy out a lease. So I am confused haha.

Depends on your lease. The residual on my P90D was $95k. Tesla eventually sold it for $71k. In that case, better to turn it in and then buy it back. You can look at the used pricing for comparable cars on the sites below. If they match, then buying out your lease might be a good deal. If the used prices are lower, you could gamble and turn your car in and then buy it back when it pops up for sale. You'll also get 2 more years of warranty if you do it that way...

https://ev-cpo.com/
Tesla Inventory Search

In the end, I still didn't buy back my P90D at $71k because the Model 3 performance is really good and still cheaper. But, I do miss the extra space once in a while!

Reactions: kgroschi