Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Bank financing, rate lock extension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TJGreen1955

Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2022
USA
Has anyone with USBank financing approval been able to get them to extend the duration of the approval? I've been waiting for the Tyson's Corner facility to release my car since the beginning of May. My approval duration supposedly ends at the end of this month. I got a really good rate before all of the Fed increases. I'd like to know if anyone has attempted to get USBank to extend the time period of the approval. Thank you.

Reactions: Lawbillik
Has anyone with USBank financing approval been able to get them to extend the duration of the approval? I've been waiting for the Tyson's Corner facility to release my car since the beginning of May. My approval duration supposedly ends at the end of this month. I got a really good rate before all of the Fed increases. I'd like to know if anyone has attempted to get USBank to extend the time period of the approval. Thank you.
I’m right here with you again…I would also like to know.

But to that — and I may be wrong, but I think my rate lock has expired. I read somewhere the rate was only been good for 30 days. The actual financing application/approval remains valid for the full 60 days.

Edit - I tried to PM you and it wouldn’t go through. Perhaps that’s intentional on your end

Last edited:
I was quoted 2.99% and I'm counting on a 60 day lock which by my calculations expire on 07/01. Tomorrow I'm going to text Tyson's again and see if they have an update. If the car isn't delivered by the end of the week I'll contact US Bank and see if they are planning to extend the approval and rate. I'm hoping to use the "shopping around for a better offer" carrot if they won't budge. I calculated that double my existing rate would add $50 to my monthly payment. I'll let you know if it ends up going that way.

RE: PM - I have the bare minimum settings on this system and never sign off (just close the browser). So I may appear as "on".

Reactions: Lawbillik