TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

US Bank Tesla loan online banking

Discussion in 'Model X' started by cartech, Apr 6, 2018.

1. cartech

cartech Member

I recently got a Model X and financed thru US Bank. I'm trying to create an online account at US Bank using my auto loan account number and last 4 of social but it says I need a checking/savings account first to register for online banking.

Anyone, here with US bank Tesla loan and without a US bank checking/savings account registered successfully to online banking?

2. knightrider

knightrider Member

Classic US Bank. This (my Model X auto loan) is my third Credit account with USBank. Last 2 were associated with a checking account so did not have any issue. I will try to register my new loan without a checking account, this weekend. Will let you know if I find a solution.

• Informative x 1
  3. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Yes, worked for me - didn't have any other accounts with them. Upset that they won't sell me GAP insurance! Has anyone had luck getting GAP insurance from US Bank or other channels with a US Bank Tesla loan??

4. cartech

cartech Member

Interesting, did you get separate mail or something that you can enroll now? What all info did you need to enroll? I'm trying with loan number and last four of social. There is also option to enter 4 digit PIN which I don't have still.

5. Sandollars

Sandollars I bleed Cardinal

GAP is much cheaper through your Auto insurance than it would be through a bank. They are just going to buy it for you and charge a middleman fee...

• Like x 2
  6. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Loan # and SSN worked for me -- you should call them... they'll figure it out.

• Like x 2
  7. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Sadly, I have Geico which doesn't offer it in California! And because of an injury accident my wife had a year ago, no one else will insure us for remotely close to Geico's rates, so it makes no sense to switch. Any stand-alone GAP insurance companies out there?

• Funny x 1
  8. GatorGuy

GatorGuy Member

Make sure you are going to usbank.com/enroll. Then make sure you click "Other account" and then installment loan. It'll ask for your account number, last 4 of social and your zip.

• Like x 3
  9. cartech

cartech Member

Thank you !!! That did it. I was selecting personal initially. Selecting the installment option worked :)

• Like x 3
  10. knightrider

knightrider Member

Awesome! Glad it worked. :)

• Like x 2
  11. Cpiguy

Cpiguy Member

I know this is an old thread, but where did you guys get your account number? Just took delivery of a Model 3 and never got any follow up info from US Bank to make the payment.

12. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

does your insurance company offer gap? progressive charges me $18 every 6 months for loan pay off protection, which i find is a better deal than the $350 every other bank charges you.

13. Cpiguy

Cpiguy Member

Issue resolved, thx

14. tc521

tc521 Member

Are you in the military? If so, most lenders will not allow Gap due to current legislation.

15. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Nope. Geico doesn’t in CA. Bummer!

16. MelaniainLA

MelaniainLA Member

Nope! :)