TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

US Energy Department revamps auto loan program

Discussion in 'Cars and Transportation' started by RubberToe, Apr 2, 2014.

1. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

This is the same pot of money that Tesla initially hit up for the money to start the Model S production. If I read this correctly, there is still $16,000,000,000 left in the pot to be potentially allocated. Given the success of Tesla's previous loan, I wonder if some of this money might not find it's way into some kind of GigaFactory... :wink:

U.S. Energy Dept revamps auto loan program, eyeing new applicants - Yahoo Finance

RT

2. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Given the unprecedentedly magnificent success and hyper-speed with which Tesla raised money at a staggeringly low interest rate all of...what?...three weeks ago;

and

Given the intense vitriol with which recipients - particularly Tesla and its ilk - of DOE loans have been slammed...

as a large stakeholder in the long term fortunes of Tesla, I see very, very little benefit and an awful lot of downside in Tesla looking into this program.