Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Federal $7,500 Electric Vehicle Credit Expiry Date By Automaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla needs to sell less than 16,199 US vehicles in the next 2 months to remain under the 200,000 Federal credit limit.
This appears to be highly unlikely given the current sales rate ramp in 2018 (even considering the Canada sales push) :cool:
upload_2018-5-2_20-38-37.png

Tesla needs to sell less than 16,199 US vehicles in the next 2 months to remain under the 200,000 Federal credit limit.
This appears to be highly unlikely given the current sales rate ramp in 2018 (even considering the Canada sales push) :cool:
That means they can only deliver less than 1800/week to the US the rest of this quarter. It's going to be close.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
Tesla does seem to be sending out a lot of Canadian VINs now... I think they are already trying to work towards staying under the 200K limit until July. I'm glad to see that, :D

[but also sad :( that I probably won't see delivery in WA before the state credit expires at the end of the month with my April-16 config].

While no guarantee, they do seem to be making WA a priority to get as many in before month end so don't give up hope just yet - you still have 27 days left in the month.
Yes, they were, but I think they are giving Washington VIN assignment a break for a while--maybe to see if the facilities can even deliver all of them? (pure speculation). There hasn't been a single community-reported WA VIN since May 2nd.