Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US-FL buying used 2016 S 70 SC01 / several questions please advise !!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
lightly used; FL, USA 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
original owner says its SC01 code means
free lifetime supercharging &
free lifetime onboard computer connectivity;
(highly priority to me)
owner gave me vehicle ID, said it could be
verified by contacting Tesla Account service;
how do I contact? private sale,
I'd be second owner; seller suggested to
be safe, keep same account & just change
password, is that a violation?
are there any known cases where SC01
transferred from original owner to buyer
& free privileges did NOT...? 😱 😱 😱

also, should I get vehicle inspected at
a Tesla dealer before buying, even if
it acts well, drives well in test drive?
How much for that?

Did this 2016 S 70 ever get vehicle
or wheels-tires recalled? Could it
have been skipped?

This would be my first EV;
any comments-advice appreciated
:D thanks :D in :D advance :D maestro

I agree with others; very little risk of not transferring if you can verify the present owner is was the original owner of the car.

Regarding recall history, if you have the VIN, then you can check directly on Tesla website if there are any open recalls that have not been completed for the car.

However, that will not show you what recalls were completed in the past.

This site will show you a listing of past recalls. You can go through all of them to try and figure out if they would apply to your car.

I have a mid-2016 (June) built Model S 90D, so of similar vintage. I do not recall there being any recalls related to wheels or tires. The recalls in the first few years were items like parking brake possibly failing to release, air bags (part of the industry wide mess). Was one related to steering actuator bolts, but that only applied to cars built up through something like March of 2016 per my memory (original nose cone version).

I read in another thread:
"The car had to be ordered by 1/15/17 and delivered by 4/15/17 to qualify for the original version of FUSC which transferred free-of-charge to subsequent owners without any additional steps."

Can someone advise difference between SC01 & FUSC?
Is one a charging code & the latter a connectivity code?

Also how much more range do pre-4/15/17 SC01 FUSC S 90 models have vs. S 70 238 mi range?
Thanks in advance. regards 👍 :D 👍 :D 👍 :D

They’re the same thing. SC01 is the option code, FUSC is the acronym for the option name (free unlimited supercharging).
FUSC - or free unlimited supercharging can be one to two situations. One where it is transferrable to subsequent owners. The other is a benefit that is free and unlimited for the life of the vehicle for the original owner.

SC01 is the Tesla option code which indicates that it is the variant that transfers to subsequent owners. Caveat on that is it has to be a direct transfer between private owners. If it goes back into Tesla's hands, then they have the right to remove that option.

SC04 is the Tesla option code for free unlimited supercharging, but which does not transfer. You may find many cars sold in later 2017, or even if delivered in Q1 2017 but did not meet the order by cut-off of Jan 15, which would have SC04 free unlimited supercharging and not SC01.

Unfortunately it is very difficult for someone wanting to purchase a car to be able to conclusively find out which option code it has without access to the current Owner's account and the ability to strip out the codes from the html behind the graphic of the car shown in the owners on-line account.

Last year in a similar situation I made my own Tesla account. Unlimited supercharging and data transferred to me with no issues.
The model x I just got has sc01 tesla dealer confirmed bc I have friend there. It's on the car I'm buying not their new car they just bought but on their tesla app it says pay per use super charging on the car it does not charge for super charging. 000 when we went to stall and it's a confirmed SC01 so when transfered it should follow the car to me correct?

FUSC - or free unlimited supercharging can be one to two situations. One where it is transferrable to subsequent owners. The other is a benefit that is free and unlimited for the life of the vehicle for the original owner.

SC01 is the Tesla option code which indicates that it is the variant that transfers to subsequent owners. Caveat on that is it has to be a direct transfer between private owners. If it goes back into Tesla's hands, then they have the right to remove that option.

SC04 is the Tesla option code for free unlimited supercharging, but which does not transfer. You may find many cars sold in later 2017, or even if delivered in Q1 2017 but did not meet the order by cut-off of Jan 15, which would have SC04 free unlimited supercharging and not SC01.

Unfortunately it is very difficult for someone wanting to purchase a car to be able to conclusively find out which option code it has without access to the current Owner's account and the ability to strip out the codes from the html behind the graphic of the car shown in the owners on-line account.
Incorrect,
SC04 is the pay per charging code
SC05 is the free unlimited supercharging that does not transfer