Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

US Market Situation and Outlook (Rob Stark's American Megathread)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
otto-pilot-not-quite-autonomous.jpg

The chart is interesting but since it is based on average prices it will significantly understate the savings in places like California where rates at night -- when charging is typically done -- are much lower than average rates.

"Note: The eGallon tool uses average state or regional gasoline prices and average retail utility electricity prices. Home based solar installations are not considered. Savings are for May 19, 2018."​

June 2018
Top Manufacturers Of Plug-In Vehicles:

1. Tesla* – 11,362
  2. General Motors* – 2,437
  3. BMW Group – 2,253
  4. Toyota – 2,237
  5. Honda – 1,445
  6. Nissan – 1,367
Pure Electric Car Market Share vs PHEV In May*

1. BEV – 14,833
  2. PHEV – 10,567
*Based on estimates due to the lack of U.S. monthly sales reporting by Tesla and GM, as well as BMW i3 splits (BEV + REx).

U.S. Plug-In Electric Car Sales Rise In June 2018

@RobStark

Can you show us which states still don't allow Tesla Stores? Or give us a summary? My count <26 states allow Tesla Stores. Can this be true?? (NOT Gallery, but only Stores)

And yet, Tesla may have wider exposure than the Chevy Bolt?

thanks Rob

I did find (as happens all too often, can't see date of this article)
Where you can buy a Tesla - CNNMoney

again, I'm not sure of last update
Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

Last edited:
@RobStark

Can you show us which states still don't allow Tesla Stores? Or give us a summary? My count <26 states allow Tesla Stores. Can this be true?? (NOT Gallery, but only Stores)

And yet, Tesla may have wider exposure than the Chevy Bolt?

thanks Rob

I did find (as happens all too often, can't see date of this article)
Where you can buy a Tesla - CNNMoney

again, I'm not sure of last update
Tesla US dealership disputes - Wikipedia

full

Tesla Direct Sales Map (US)

I thought the E-Class and so on were the mid-sized cars?

They are.

Model 3 is compact in length, full size in width which yields a midsize interior.

In length and in price Model 3 competes directly with 3 Series, C Class, A4 and IS. Interior volume with 5 Series, E Class, A6, and GS

I guess Tesla doesn't want to label that chart Compact Premium Sedans so as not to imply to potential buyers that Model 3 has a compact interior.